Our AV experts have earned their professional certifications to design, build, and manage the best AV services for you. View Our Certifications
- Key Features
The Saros IC8T model is a 2-way in-ceiling speaker featuring an 8 inch woofer and wide-dispersion, horn-loaded 1 inch dome tweeter. A built-in 60 Watt multi-tap transformer allows for use with 70 and 100 Volt distributed speaker systems. Power handling at 8 Ohms is an impressive 150 Watts (program), with a wide frequency response from 50 Hz to 20 kHz (±3 dB).
The Saros IC8T is smartly designed for quick and easy installation and years of reliable performance. Its "zero-bezel" frameless grille achieves an unobtrusive and contemporary appearance well-suited for use in restaurants and night clubs, retail spaces, houses of worship, convention facilities, universities, and office buildings. Installing the grille requires no hardware or tools, utilizing powerful magnets to hold it in place. A safety tether is included to prevent the grille from ever falling from the ceiling.
Unitized construction of the speaker enclosure simplifies specification and installation for use in new and existing ceilings. Mounting the speaker is facilitated using rugged, 2-step toggle clamps integrated into the enclosure. Each toggle clamp offers two positions to accommodate standard and extra thick surfaces up to 2.4 inches (61 mm). A tile bridge is included to provide proper support when installed in a typical drop-tile ceiling. The tile bridge is adjustable to enable off-center speaker positioning, and can be folded to fit through the speaker cutout in blind-mount situations. Two rigging points are also provided on the top of the speaker enclosure for securing to the building structure using the optional safety tether kit (SPKA-ST-15 ).
An integral metal back can is employed to meet the requirements of UL® 2043 for installation in an environmental air-handling (plenum) space. The wiring connection is accessible behind a rear cover panel by removing a single screw. Top and side knockouts are provided on the cover panel to accommodate 1/2" or 3/4" flexible conduit. A cable clamp is also provided. Connecting the wiring behind the cover panel is facilitated using a detachable screw terminal block with provisions for easy parallel wiring in a multi-speaker application. Setting the 70/100V transformer tap is performed via a screwdriver-adjustable control located on the front baffle behind the grille.
Saros IC8T speakers can be painted to blend with the ceiling surface. They are priced individually but must be ordered in pairs.
- High-performance 2-way in-ceiling speaker
- 8" polypropylene woofer with damped cloth surround for tight, controlled bass and clear midrange
- Optimized dual front ports for enhanced low-frequency response
- Wide-dispersion, horn-loaded titanium dome tweeter for crisp, clear high-end and enhanced pattern control
- Built-in 60 Watt 70/100V multi-tap transformer
- "Zero-bezel" frameless grille for a clean, contemporary appearance
- Integral metal back can with top and side conduit knockouts
- Two-step toggle clamps for fast, easy installation
- Includes tile bridge for installation in a drop-tile ceiling
- Meets the requirements of UL® 2043 for installation in an environmental air-handling space
- 150 Watts program power handling at 8 Ohms
- 50 Hz - 20 kHz frequency response
- 95° nominal coverage pattern
- Paintable to blend with surroundings