Our AV experts have earned their professional certifications to design, build, and manage the best AV services for you. View Our Certifications
Tuned to deliver a tonal character akin to classic FET mics, the silver Audio-Technica AT4047/SV is a large-diaphragm cardioid condenser microphone designed for warm, low-noise reproduction of vocals and various instruments, making it a versatile tool in project studios and home setups as well as for commercial facilities. The dual-diaphragm capsule enables consistent polar response throughout the mic's frequency range while the transformer-coupled output further contributes to the vintage-style sound. Additionally, the precision-machined acoustic baffle yields increased stability and sensitivity.
The housing assembly's symmetrical construction lessens undesired reflections around the capsule and a switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter offers at-the-source reduction of rumble and low-frequency buildup. Thanks to the custom shockmount, the AT4047/SV is further isolated from vibration and stand-borne noise. Since it can take extremely high SPLs without distorting—up to 159 dB with the -10 dB pad engaged—the mic is a great choice for loud instruments in addition to nuanced, intimate performances.
- Cardioid polar pattern for directional focus and rejection of off-axis sounds
- Transformer-coupled output and specially tuned element provide sonic characteristics reminiscent of early FET studio microphone designs
- Exceptionally low self-noise, wide dynamic range, and high SPL capability (up to 159 dB with pad engaged)
- Dual-diaphragm capsule design maintains precise polar pattern definition across the full frequency range of the microphone
- Precision-machined, nickel-plated brass acoustic element baffle provides enhanced element stability and optimal sensitivity
- Vintage silver-matte finish on microphone and shockmount
- Open acoustical environment of the symmetrical housing assembly minimizes unwanted internal reflections
- State-of-the-art, surface-mount electronics ensure compliance with A-T's stringent consistency and reliability standards
- Switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter and -10 dB pad
- Custom shockmount provides superior isolation
- XLR 3-pin output connector
- 48V phantom powered