Creation Networks offers audiovisual & video conferencing services for projects of all sizes - from a single meeting room to a nationwide deployment. You can count on us for your audiovisual technology system's design, configuration, programming, installation, and support. It is important that you get Top Quality products from the best manufacturers, and then purchase from a trusted partner who tests and installs what they sell, giving you the best value. Our goal at CreationNetworks.net is to only represent the top products and test everything before recommending or selling our solutions.
- Shipping & Returns
Active Optical Cable Connects Servers, Hard Drives and Other USB-C Components
This USB 3.2 Gen 2 fiber optic cable (M/M) securely connects the USB-A port on your desktop, laptop or notebook computer to a USB-C device, such as a server, external hard drive or surveillance camera, located up to 20 meters (66 feet) away. This data-only cable supports USB 3.2 Gen 2 data transfer rates up to 10 Gbps. Note: This USB cable is not backward compatible with USB 3.2 Gen 1, 2.0 or 1.1 devices.
Advanced Fiber Cable Is Easier to Install than Copper
Because the fiber cable is slimmer and more flexible than standard copper USB cables, the U428F-20M-D3 is easier to install around corners and in hard-to-reach spaces behind equipment. It draws power from the connected device, so no external power supply is needed to transmit the USB signal across the longer distances unique to fiber optic cabling. Note: The cable must be installed in the correct direction to function properly, so please check the Host and Device labels on the connectors before installation.
CMP Jacket Designed for In-Wall Installations
The plenum-rated jacket has low smoke and flame characteristics, making it suitable for premise applications in ceilings, walls and ducts.
20 m Cable Lets You Design an Application to Your Custom Specifications
This long cable allows you greater flexibility in placing your USB components. For instance, your camera or hard drive may be located in a different room away from your office or in a central location where others have access to it. The plug-and-play U428F-20M-D3 supports all major operating systems, including Windows, macOS and Linux. Note: If your device is not detected by the source, external power is needed for the device to receive and transmit data to the source.
- 20 m (66 ft.) length allows flexibility in placing USB-C devices where most needed
- Fiber optic construction ideal for long-distance connections not supported by copper
- Supports only USB 3.2 Gen 2 speeds up to 10 Gbps to ensure fast data transfers
- Plenum rated for horizontal premise applications in air ducts and drop ceilings
- Slim, flexible cable easily installs around corners and through hard-to-reach areas
- 3-year limited warranty
At Creartion Networks, we do everything we can to create an excellent customer experience. This includes fast shipping and easy returns.
- Most in-stock orders placed Monday-Friday before 1PM PST ship the same day. Orders placed after 1PM will ship the next day of business. General restrictions apply; please see our full shipping policy here.
- We offer a 30-day return policy from the delivery date on many products. Product restrictions apply. Restocking fees for the return of open-box items. Please see our full return policy here for more information.