The SA-82-AR provides guaranteed surge protection and power conditioning for audio, video, broadcast and computer equipment. The units are 8-amp load-capable and have 2 industrial grade grounded AC receptacles.
The SA-82-AR utilizes our patented Series Mode® surge protection technology, Impedance Tolerant® EMI/RFI filtering and Over-Voltage-Shutdown which automatically restores power when line voltage returns to a safe level. The unit’s compact design can be easily integrated with today’s Flat Panel monitor mounting systems. The FlatPak™ SA-82-AR comes with a detachable IEC power cord and universal mounting brackets.
The SA-82-AR shall be a compact mountable unit in a magnetic shielding steel enclosure. It shall operate from 120 volts AC and include a separate 3-foot, grounded, 3-wire #18 line cord. There shall be 2 grounded AC receptacles. Overall dimensions shall be 1.75" H x 5.31" W x 9.06" D. Weight shall be 3.4 pounds.
The SA-82-AR shall have a load rating of 8 amps @ 120 volts. It shall be listed to UL 1449-2 and certified to Federal Grade A, Class 1, Mode 1 Guidelines for powerline surge suppressors. The unit shall provide auto-resetting overvoltage shutdown. There shall be three limiter circuits: a series surge reactor current limiter, a cascaded auto-tracking dual-polarity voltage limiter, and a pulse inverter. The onset clamping voltage shall be 172 volts nominal, and the unit shall have an instant-reacting snubber to protect against fast-rising surges generated within the installation location. The surge suppressor shall have an unlimited Applied Surge Current rating (8 x 20 µs) and shall withstand at least 1000 occurrences of Surge Pulse Voltages up to 6000 volts.
- Magnetic shielding steel enclosure
- 3’ grounded 3-wire #18 line cord (separate)
- 2 grounded AC receptacles
- Series Mode surge protection
- Auto-resetting Overvoltage shutdown
- Thermal circuit breaker overload protection
- Self-test circuit with visual indicator
- Made in U.S.A.
- Load Rating: 8 amps @ 120 volts
- Power Requirement (no load):10 watts
- UL 1449-2 Adjunct Classification Test Results
- 1000 surges, 6000 volts, 3000 amps,
- C1 pulse, measured suppressed voltage 290 volts, no failures
- Federal Guidelines:
- Grade A, Class 1, Mode 1 (CID A-A-55818)
- EMI/RFI Filter, Normal Mode (50-ohm load):
- 40 dB @ 100 kHz; 50 dB @ 300 kHz;
- 50 dB @ 3 MHz; 50 dB @ 30 MHz
- EMI/RFI Filter, Common Mode (50-ohm load):
- 18 dB @ 300 kHz; 30 dB @ 1 MHz;
- 50 dB @ 5 MHz; 50 dB @ 20 MHz
- Maximum Applied Surge Pulse Joule Rating:
- Unlimited, due to current limiting (8 x 20 µs)
- Maximum Applied Surge Pulse Voltage:
- 6000 volts (1.2 x 50 µs pulse), industry standard rating
- Maximum Applied Surge Pulse Current:
- Unlimited, due to current limiting (8 x 20 µs)*
- Endurance: IEEE C62.41-1991 Category B3 (C1)
- Pulses: 1 kv>500,000; 3 kv>10,000; 6 kv>1000
- Overvoltage Shutdown: 145 volts (resume at 135 volts)
- Dimensions: 1.75" H x 5.31" W x 9.06" D
- Weight: 3.4 lbs
- Temperature Range: 5º to 35º C
- Humidity Range: 5% to 95% R.H., non-condensing
- Agency Listings: ETL and cETL (UL 1449, 2nd edition;
- CSA C22.2 No.8-M1986, R2000)