Creation Networks offers audiovisual & video conferencing services for projects of all sizes - from a single meeting room to a nationwide deployment. You can count on us for your audiovisual technology system's design, configuration, programming, installation, and support. It is important that you get Top Quality products from the best manufacturers, and then purchase from a trusted partner who tests and installs what they sell, giving you the best value. Our goal at CreationNetworks.net is to only represent the top products and test everything before recommending or selling our solutions.
- Key Features
- Shipping & Returns
Crestron® Gravity Cable Retractors (FT2A-CBLR-GR Series) offer a refined cable management solution for use with Crestron FT2 Series FlipTop™ cable management systems. Each cable pulls out smoothly to any length up to 34 inches (86 cm) and stays out as long as it remains laying on the tabletop. Simply lifting the cable vertically above the FlipTop™ allows the cable to retract gently back into the FlipTop. Gravity cable retractors use a precision gravity-assisted track and pulley mechanism housed in a vertical enclosure beneath the table.
Each Gravity Cable Retractor is composed of a retractor enclosure and pass-through module. The enclosure attaches to the FlipTop chassis beneath the table, while the module installs in the top of the FlipTop. A 4 foot long cable tail is provided below the table for connection to a DM® transmitter or similar interface device. The pull-out end of the cable passes up through the module so that the connector nests neatly in place and pulls out easily for use. Each module is labeled with an international symbol icon indicating the connection type, which is backlit when installed in an “Electrical” FT2 FlipTop. When installed in a “Mechanical” FlipTop, the symbol icon remains legible but is not backlit.
The pass-through module occupies two module spaces within the FlipTop. The retractor enclosure slides onto the side of the FlipTop chassis beneath the table and locks into place with a snap. Retractors normally install at the left and right ends of a module row, but can also be installed in the middle of a row by adding an FT2A-CBLR-BRKT series mid-row adapter bracket (one per row, each sold separately). Installation requires 28-7/16 inches (722 mm) minimum vertical clearance below the top surface of the table. End-mounted retractors require 2-3/8 inches (60 mm) horizontal clearance to either side of the chassis, while mid-row retractors require 2-3/4 inches (70 mm) horizontal clearance to the front or rear of the chassis.
Several models of gravity cable retractors are offered. The following “4K” models feature a minimum TMDS bandwidth of 18 Gbps to support ultra high-definition digital video signals up to 4K60 4:4:4. Active circuitry is employed for optimal performance.
- HDMI® to HDMI – Model FT2A-CBLR-GR-4K-HD provides a retractable High-Speed HDMI® cable with a male HDMI Type A connector at both ends.
- DisplayPort™ to DisplayPort – Model FT2A-CBLR-GR-4K-DP provides a retractable DisplayPort cable with a male DisplayPort connector at both ends.
- DisplayPort to HDMI – Model FT2A-CBLR-GR-4K-DP-HD provides a retractable cable with a male DisplayPort connector at the source end above the table and a male HDMI Type A connector at the sink end below the table; converts DisplayPort to HDMI to allow connection of a DisplayPort source to an HDMI input.
- Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort – Model FT2A-CBLR-GR-4K-MDP-DP provides a retractable cable with a male Mini DisplayPort connector at the source end above the table and a regular-sized male DisplayPort connector at the sink end below the table; converts Mini DisplayPort to standard DisplayPort to allow connection of a Mini DisplayPort source to a DisplayPort input.
- Mini DisplayPort to HDMI – Model FT2A-CBLR-GR-4K-MDP-HD provides a retractable cable with a male Mini DisplayPort connector at the source end above the table and a male HDMI Type A connector at the sink end below the table; converts Mini DisplayPort to HDMI to allow connection of a Mini DisplayPort source to an HDMI input.
- USB-C® to HDMI – Model FT2A-CBLR-GR-4K-USBC-HD provides a retractable cable with a male USB Type-C® connector at the source end above the table and a male HDMI Type A connector at the sink end below the table; converts USB-C to HDMI to allow connection of a USB-C source to an HDMI input.
Additional models are available to support analog AV and data signals. These cables retractors are passive.
- VGA – Model FT2A-CBLR-GR-VGA provides a retractable VGA cable with a male HD15 connector at both ends; supports resolutions up to Full HD 1080p.
- Stereo Audio – Model FT2A-CBLR-GR-AUDIO provides a retractable unbalanced stereo audio cable with a male 3.5 mm mini-TRS connector at both ends.
- LAN – Model FT2A-CBLR-GR-CAT6 provides a retractable CAT6 LAN cable with a male RJ-45 connector at both ends.
- USB 2.0 – Model FT2A-CBLR-GR-USB provides a retractable USB 2.0 cable with a USB Type-A connector at one end and a USB Type-B connector at the other end. Note that this cable can be used to connect laptops to codecs and extenders but cannot be used to connect a laptop (PC) to another PC.
Should the cable within an FT2A-CBLR-GR series retractor ever become damaged, it can be replaced on site using a new FT2A-CBL-PT series cable.
Note: See also the FT2A-CBLR-1T Series “One-Touch” Cable Retractors for applications with limited vertical space beneath the table.
- Convenient and cost-effective connectivity for FT2 Series FlipTop™ cable management systems
- Precision gravity-assisted track and pulley retraction mechanism
- Cable pulls out smoothly to any length up to 34 inches (86 cm)
- Cable retracts gracefully by simply lifting it vertically above the table
- Highly flexible, low friction flat cable construction
- Robust soft-feel sculpted connectors for easy handling
- Durable construction for years of reliable use
- Backlit international symbol icon identifies the connector type 
- Active 4K models support 4K60 4:4:4 digital AV signals
- Support for HDR and HDCP 2.2
- 4K models available for HDMI® and DisplayPort™ devices
- Additional 4K models available to convert from DisplayPort to HDMI, Mini DisplayPort to DisplayPort, Mini DisplayPort to HDMI, and USB-C® to HDMI
- Passive models available for VGA, stereo audio, LAN, and USB 3.0
- Requires two module spaces at either end of a FlipTop module row
- Optional mid-row installation using additional brackets
- Retractor housing snaps onto the FlipTop chassis and extends vertically beneath the table
- Requires 28-7/16 inch (722 mm) vertical clearance below the table top surface
- Provides a 4 foot (1.2 meter) long tail below the table
At Creartion Networks, we do everything we can to create an excellent customer experience. This includes fast shipping and easy returns.
- Most in-stock orders placed Monday-Friday before 1PM PST ship the same day. Orders placed after 1PM will ship the next day of business. General restrictions apply; please see our full shipping policy here.
- We offer a 30-day return policy from the delivery date on many products. Product restrictions apply. Restocking fees for the return of open-box items. Please see our full return policy here for more information.