Our AV experts have earned their professional certifications to design, build, and manage the best AV services for you. View Our Certifications
The DM-RMC-4KZ-100-C provides a simple one-box interface solution for a single display device as part of a complete Crestron® DigitalMedia™ system. It functions as a DM 8G+® receiver and control interface, providing a single HDMI® output along with Ethernet, RS-232, and IR control ports. In addition to DM 8G+, it is also compatible with HDBaseT®, which allows it to be connected directly to an HDBaseT certified source. Its compact, low-profile design allows the DM-RMC-4KZ-100-C to be installed discreetly behind a flat panel display or above a ceiling mounted projector. It connects to the head end or source location using a single CAT type twisted pair cable.[1,2]
4K60 4:4:4 & HDR Support
Crestron DigitalMedia (DM®) was the world’s first AV signal distribution solution to deliver end-to-end 4K signal management for large-scale commercial and residential applications. DM “4KZ” endpoints and cards enable new and existing DM systems to handle full 4K60 4:4:4 video signals, as well as HDR video signals (HDR10), without having to replace any wiring or switchers. Any Crestron DM system that supports 4K can be upgraded to handle 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR by simply installing DM 4KZ based cards, transmitters, and receivers. The DM-RMC-4KZ-100-C is designed to replace an existing DM-RMC-4K-100-C receiver without requiring any extra configuration or programming.
Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DigitalMedia 8G+ (DM 8G+) provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, power, Ethernet, and control signals over twisted pair copper wire. DM 8G+ transports uncompressed Full HD 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K signals over distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using Crestron DM Ultra Cable, Crestron DM 8G® Cable, or third-party CAT5e. Higher resolution signals up to UHD and 4K are supported over distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using DM Ultra Cable, 230 feet (70 m) using DM 8G Cable, or 165 feet (50 m) using CAT5e.
Crestron DigitalMedia 8G+ technology is designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with other HDBaseT certified products. Via its DM 8G+ input, the DM-RMC-4KZ-100-C can be connected directly to an HDBaseT compliant source without requiring a DM transmitter.
Along with high-definition AV and control, DigitalMedia also integrates high-speed Ethernet networking for a total signal distribution solution. The DM-RMC-4KZ-100-C includes a 10/100 Ethernet port, which can be used to provide a convenient LAN connection for a local network device.
Embedded Device Control
The DM-RMC-4KZ-100-C includes built-in RS-232, IR, and Ethernet control ports to enable programmable control of the display device connected to it (via a control system). It also offers an alternative to such conventional control methods by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Through its connection to the control system, the DM-RMC-4KZ-100-C provides a gateway for controlling the display device right through the HDMI connection, potentially eliminating the need for any dedicated control wires or IR emitters.
- DigitalMedia 8G+® receiver and display controller
- Connects to a DM® switcher or transmitter over a single CAT type twisted pair cable 
- HDBaseT® compatible — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Provides one HDMI® or DVI display output [2,3]
- Handles UHD and 4K video resolutions up to 4K60 4:4:4 
- Handles HDR (High Dynamic Range) video (HDR10) 
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS HD®, DTS:X®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) for all resolutions up to UHD and 4K using DM Ultra cable 
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) for 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K using DM 8G® cable or CAT5e 
- Supports cable lengths up to 230 ft (70 m) for UHD and 4K using DM 8G cable, or 165 ft (50 m) using CAT5e 
- Provides a 10/100 Ethernet LAN connection
- Enables device control via CEC, IR, RS-232, and Ethernet
- Compatible with Crestron® USB over Ethernet Extenders 
- Allows quick, easy setup and diagnostics
- Low-profile surface mount design
- Powered via the DM connection or optional power pack (sold separately) [4,5]