The DM-RMC-4K-100-C-1G provides a simple, cost-effective interface solution for a single display device as part of a complete Crestron® DigitalMedia™ system. It functions as a DM 8G+® receiver and control interface, providing a single HDMI® output along with RS-232 and IR control ports. In addition to DM 8G+, it is also compatible with HDBaseT®, allowing it to be connected directly to an HDBaseT certified source.
4K Ultra HD
Crestron DigitalMedia continues to advance the standard for digital AV signal distribution, delivering the world’s first end-to-end 4K system solution. The DM-RMC-4K-100-C-1G features the latest DM 8G+ technology, providing support for the transport of 4K and Ultra HD video signals. Support for 4K video also ensures support for the latest generation of computers and monitors with native resolutions beyond 1080p and WUXGA.
As the leader in HDMI and control system technologies, Crestron developed DigitalMedia (DM®) to deliver the first complete HD AV distribution system to take HDMI to a higher level. DigitalMedia allows virtually any mix of HDMI and other AV sources to be distributed throughout a home, office, school, or virtually any other facility. The latest generation of DM is called DigitalMedia 8G™ (DM 8G®). Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DM 8G provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, and control signals over a choice of twisted-pair or fiber optic cable.
Crestron DigitalMedia 8G+ technology is designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with other HDBaseT certified products. Via its DM 8G+ input, the DM-RMC-4K-100-C-1G can be connected directly to an HDBaseT compliant source without requiring a DM transmitter.
Multimedia Display Interface
A single HDMI digital AV output port is provided on the DM-RMC-4K-100-C-1G for connection to a display or other device. The HDMI output can also handle DVI signals using an appropriate adapter or interface cable.
A single CAT type cable connects the DM-RMC-4K-100-C-1G to a DM switcher or transmitter, or to an HDBaseT source, transporting video, audio, control, and power signals all through one simple RJ45 connection.[2,5,6] Multiple DM-RMC-4K-100-C-1Gs may be installed to handle each display in a multiroom distribution system, all fed from a central DM-MD series switcher. Or, a single DM-RMC-4K-100-C-1G can be fed straight from a DM 8G+ or HDBaseT transmitter, affording a simple solution for extending a computer or AV signal to a single display.
Embedded Device Control
The DM-RMC-4K-100-C-1G includes built-in RS-232 and IR control ports to allow for programmable control of the connected display device (via a control system). Additional control capability is afforded by harnessing the CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) signal embedded in HDMI. Through its connection to the control system, the DM-RMC-4K-100-C-1G provides a gateway for controlling the source right through its HDMI connection, potentially eliminating the need for a dedicated serial cable or IR emitter.
- Cost-effective DigitalMedia 8G+® receiver and display controller
- Connects to a DM® switcher or transmitter over a single CAT type twisted pair cable [1,2]
- HDBaseT® Certified — Enables direct connection to other HDBaseT certified equipment
- Provides one HDMI® or DVI display output 
- Handles video resolutions up to 4K and Ultra HD
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) for all resolutions up to UHD and 4K using DM Ultra cable 
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) for 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K using DM 8G® cable or CAT5e 
- Supports cable lengths up to 230 ft (70 m) for UHD and 4K using DM 8G cable, or 165 ft (50 m) using CAT5e 
- Enables device control via CEC, IR, and RS-232 [1,7]
- Powered via the DM connection or optional power pack (sold separately)[5,6]
- 1-gang wall box mount design (3-1/2" deep)
- Surface mount bracket included
- Available in white or black finish