- Key Features
The Crestron® CEN-IO-IR-104 is a compact and cost-effective wired I/O module designed to easily expand the available IR/Serial ports within a commercial or residential system. A small form factor allows the CEN-IO-IR-104 to be placed just about anywhere, with the option to attach it to a flat surface or DIN rail using the included mounting bracket. The four onboard IR/1-way Serial ports enable direct integration with all kinds of third-party equipment.
The CEN-IO-IR-104 communicates to the local network using the available LAN connection, allowing the connected equipment to be remotely controlled and monitored from a computer or tablet. Power is conveniently supplied to the CEN-IO-IR-104 via PoE (Power over Ethernet) or a Crestron control system, eliminating the need for a local power supply or extra wiring.
The CEN-IO-IR-104 supports the following security protocols to help protect against service interruptions and malicious intrusions:
- TLS 1.2 for web server and control system connections
- Local Authentication for console, web server, and control system connections
- SSL for console connections
Power over Ethernet
Using PoE technology, the CEN-IO-IR-104 gets its operating power directly through the LAN wiring. PoE eliminates the need for a local power supply or any dedicated power wiring. A PoE Injector (PWE-4803RU) simply connects in line with the LAN cable at any convenient location. Crestron PoE switches (CEN-SW-POE-5 or CEN-SWPOE-16) may also be used to provide a total networking solution with built-in PoE. All PoE injectors and switches are sold separately.
Integrator Friendly Enclosure
The CEN-IO-IR-104 features the Crestron IFE form factor, a compact "Integrator Friendly Enclosure" design that fits almost anywhere and enables a variety of installation options. Its shape allows multiple CEN-IO and other IFE compliant devices to be stacked together. Using the included mounting bracket, it can be fastened to any flat surface or snapped onto a standard DIN rail. Rack mount and pole mount kits are also available.
- Compact, cost-effective wired Ethernet I/O module
- Provides four IR/1-way Serial ports
- Installer setup via Crestron Toolbox™ software or web browser
- Supports TLS 1.2, Local Authentication, and SSL security protocols
- PoE (Power over Ethernet) network powered
- Compact, stackable "IFE micro" form factor
- Surface or DIN rail mountable
- Available rack mount and pole mount options