Our AV experts have earned their professional certifications to design, build, and manage the best AV services for you. View Our Certifications
- Key Features
The Crestron® AMP-X50MP is a low-cost audio amplifier solution that is suitable for a variety of applications. It features a compact, surface‑mountable design that installs virtually anywhere without requiring an equipment rack.
LoZ (4/8 Ω) and Hi-Z (70 V or 100 V) Output
High-efficiency Class D circuitry delivers 25 W per channel to drive one pair of 4 or 8 Ohm speakers, making it ideal to support stereo speakers at the front of a room or mono speakers in the ceiling. The amplifier can also be used with Hi-Z (70/100 V) speakers, delivering 50 W.
The efficient design provides cool running operation to ensure long term reliability. The AMP-X50MP is high-density stackable with other Crestron X Series and Modular Amplifiers, allowing multiple units to be installed vertically in an equipment rack without needing extra ventilation space.
Installation and setup of the AMP-X50MP is simple. Detachable connectors facilitate the termination of wiring. Balanced and unbalanced inputs can connect directly to the line output of a video projector or display, audio processor, mixer, or AV switcher. Independent controls for volume, bass, and treble allow a custom sound in any location.
The AMP-X50MP features protection against overheating, shorted or overloaded speaker lines, excessive input signals, and other faults. In the case of a shorted speaker line, both outputs mute automatically until the fault condition is resolved.
ENERGY STAR® Certified
An energy-efficient design enables the AMP-X50MP to meet demanding ENERGY STAR requirements. In addition to its high efficiency operation, the AMP-X50MP powers down automatically when no input signal is detected for more than 25 minutes, reducing overall power consumption and heat as part of an Energy Star® compliant system design. The amplifier quickly powers back on the instant an input signal is detected. A remote input can connect to a contact closure to place the amplifier in standby mode.
- Compact and versatile power amplifier
- 2 x 25 W per channel (1 x 50 W) into 4 or 8 Ohm speakers
- 1 x 50 W output for Hi-Z (70 V and 100 V) speakers
- Balanced, unbalanced, and stereo 3.5 mm inputs with auto summing
- Stereo or mono-summed operation
- Remote power control
- Energy saving design reduces power consumption when idle
- Highly sensitive audio-sensing circuitry with high-speed wake time
- Convection cooled for noiseless operation
- Volume, bass, and treble adjustments
- Captive speaker and power connectors for secure and robust connectivity
- Electronic short-circuit and overload protection
- Factory installed surface mount flange brackets are removable and reversible
- Quarter-Rack width for rack mounting with optional kit
- 60 W DC power supply with locking barrel connector and DC cable included