The BP28L from Audio-Technica is a 22.4" shotgun microphone that combines the directional characteristics of shotgun microphones with a highly sensitive, large-diaphragm condenser mic capsule that delivers accurate and natural sounding speech and dialog. The BP28L's very high directivity, low noise, and transparent audio reproduction make it well suited to broadcast, video, feature film, and theater applications.
The BP28L sports a 28mm diameter body to accommodate the large capsule and uses a lengthy interference tube to deliver extremely narrow audio capture focused on the subject at the end of the barrel. In addition, the mic incorporates a directional (gradient) element into the tube to further reduce pickup from the rear. Lightweight, yet durable, aluminum housing means the mic is still relatively easy to position and handle on a boom during active productions.Features at a Glance
- Large-diaphragm microphone capsule provides extremely high sensitivity (-23 dBV), wide dynamic range (135 dB), and high-SPL capability (148 dB, with pad engaged) for studio-quality results and highly accurate, natural-sounding speech and vocals with a very low noise floor
- 22.4" length provides an extremely directional pickup pattern
- Patented acoustic port design maintains directionality across the entire frequency range
- Switchable 80 Hz high-pass filter & 10 dB pad
- Transformer-coupled output provides a smooth sonic character
- Rugged housing made of lightweight structural-grade aluminum alloy