Our AV experts have earned their professional certifications to design, build, and manage the best AV services for you. View Our Certifications
Crestron® DM NVX® technology transports ultra high-definition 4K60 4:4:4 video over standard Gigabit Ethernet with no perceptible latency or loss of quality. Using standard network switches and CAT5e UTP wiring, a DM NVX system delivers a high-performance virtual matrix routing solution that is economically advantageous and infinitely scalable for any enterprise or campus-wide 4K content distribution application. Professional onboard scaling, HDR (High Dynamic Range) support, and HDCP 2.3 compliance ensure the ultimate in picture quality and compatibility for all of today’s varied media sources.1, 2
Real-Time 4K60 Video Distribution
Engineered for demanding conference room and classroom applications, DM NVX technology ensures real-time, full-motion 4K60 video performance for the presentation of multimedia, videoconferencing, and live camera images. Interactive functions such as gameplay and using a mouse are fluid and natural.
A DM NVX system also provides stability and reliability. Line‑synchronized outputs ensure perfect synchronization of content across multiple displays for applications such as digital signage and video walls. Variable Multicast TTL
Encoder or Decoder Functionality
The DM‑NVX‑363C is configurable to operate as either a network AV encoder or decoder:
- As an encoder, the DM‑NVX‑363C allows the HDMI signal of the output of a switcher, computer, Crestron AirMedia® gateway, or other media source to be transmitted over the network to one or many decoders.1
- As a decoder, the DM‑NVX‑363C receives the signal from a DM NVX encoder and feeds it to the input of a switcher or display device via the HDMI output. The decoder can quickly and easily switch between multiple encoders on the network alongside a locally connected HDMI source.1
The DM‑NVX‑363C provides a versatile and cost-effective solution for applications that require encoder and decoder operating modes in one card. The operating mode can be reconfigured dynamically in less than 1 minute via a control system or web browser or via the DMF‑CI‑8 front panel.
The DM‑NVX‑363C includes one HDMI input, which provides a convenient way to connect a source device to a DM NVX integrated system.
HDMI Output with 4K60 4:4:4 Scaler
When the DM‑NVX‑363C is configured as a decoder, the HDMI output feeds the decoded signal to the HDMI input of a local display device, switcher, or other equipment. The built-in scaler ensures an optimal image, scaling the encoded source resolution up or down to match the native resolution of the display device. When the DM‑NVX‑363C is configured as an encoder, the HDMI output can be used to feed a local display, confidence monitor, or audio system.1, 4
Video Wall Processing
A video wall composed of up to 64 individual displays can be configured using multiple DM NVX endpoints. Each endpoint provides fully adjustable zoom capability and bezel compensation to accommodate a range of video wall configurations and display types. One DM NVX endpoint is required per display, supporting configurations of up to eight wide by eight high.
Dante® or AES67 Audio Embedding or De-embedding
Dante and AES67 support allows the selected audio source to be transmitted as a 2-channel Dante or AES67 source while another Dante or AES67 2-channel audio stream is received from a Crestron DSP or other third-party device and combined with the video signal.
A DM NVX decoder can select and combine separate video and audio signals from two different inputs—even two different encoders. Combining signals from two separate encoders is limited to 2-channel stereo audio.6
Automatic Point-to-Point Connectivity
Point-to-point connectivity enables a DM NVX encoder to be connected directly to a DM NVX decoder to stream video, audio, and USB signals. Rather than being connected to a Gigabit Ethernet network, a 1000BASE-T Ethernet port of an encoder is connected directly to a 1000BASE-T port of a decoder. By default, point-to-point mode is enabled and can be disabled if desired.
When point-to-point mode is enabled and a direct connection between an encoder and decoder is automatically detected, no additional configuration is required for the encoder or decoder to operate in point-to-point mode; however, the operating mode of a DM-NVX-363C device must be configured correctly. If the device is to function as an encoder, the operating mode of the device must be configured as an encoder. If the device is to function as a decoder, the operating mode must be configured as a decoder. In addition, a control system is required for CEC (Consumer Electronics Control).
CEC Device Control
The DM-NVX-363C provides a gateway for controlling devices via CEC over the HDMI connections. Under the management of a control system, the DM‑NVX‑363C can control the display and source devices, potentially eliminating the need for dedicated serial cables or IR emitters.
- 4K60 4:4:4 video over standard Gigabit Ethernet
- HDR10, HDR10+, and Dolby Vision® video support
- Real-time video performance over the network
- Pixel Perfect Processing technology
- Enterprise-grade security including 802.1X, Active Directory® credential management, TLS, and AES-128
- HDCP 2.3 compliant
- Configurable as an encoder or decoder
- One HDMI® input
- One HDMI output with 4K60 4:4:4 scaler
- Video wall processing
- image preview
- Background image for on-screen display
- Test pattern generator
- Adaptive bit rate
- Analog audio embedding or de-embedding
- 7.1 surround sound audio with downmixing
- Dante® or AES67 audio embedding or de-embedding
- Breakaway audio
- USB 2.0 and KVM signal extension and routing
- Copper and fiber Ethernet connectivity
- Network port selection
- Automatic point-to-point connectivity
- CEC device control
- Easy setup via built-in web pages
- Interoperable with a Crestron 3-Series® or later control system
- Streamlined management using DM NVX Director™ virtual switching appliances
- .AV Framework™ technology support
- XiO Cloud® service support
- Crestron Home™ OS support
- API for full control of the DM-NVX-363C
- Designed for installation into a DMF-CI-8 chassis