Our AV experts have earned their professional certifications to design, build, and manage the best AV services for you. View Our Certifications
- Key Features
The DMC-S2 is an input card designed for use with any card-based Crestron® DigitalMedia™ Switcher. It provides one DM 8G® SM Fiber input, with complementary HDMI® pass-through and analog audio outputs. The DM 8G SM Fiber input enables the connection of a DM 8G SM Fiber transmitter, or the output of another DM® switcher, using a single strand of single-mode fiber.
NOTE: Refer to model DMC-S2-DSP for use with surround sound sources.
DigitalMedia 8G™ Single-Mode Fiber
Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DigitalMedia 8G Single-Mode Fiber (DM 8G SM Fiber) provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, Ethernet, and control signals over single-mode fiber. DM 8G SM Fiber handles uncompressed Full HD 1080p video signals with support for HDCP, Deep Color, 3D, and high-bitrate 7.1 audio, as well as computer signals up to WUXGA. All signals are transported over one strand of single-mode fiber, supporting distances up to 7.5 miles (12 km) using CresFiber® 8G SM or G.652.D single-mode fiber optic cable.
Every DM switcher input card includes an HDMI output port, which can be used to pass the input signal through to a local audio processor or video monitor, or to feed a second DM switcher for output expansion purposes.
The DMC-S2 also includes an unbalanced analog audio output, allowing stereo audio signals to be extracted from the digital input and fed to a multiroom audio distribution system. The output volume is adjustable via a control system using a keypad, touch screen, handheld remote, or mobile device.
NOTE: For applications requiring the simultaneous distribution of multichannel surround sound and 2-channel stereo audio signals, use model DMC-S2-DSP.
Standalone DM 8G SM Fiber Receiver
In addition to its use as an input card for DM switchers, the DMC-S2 may also be used with the DMCI DigitalMedia Card Interface to provide a DM 8G SM Fiber receiver solution that's perfect for installation in an equipment rack or AV cart, or as a portable display interface.
To configure a DM switcher complete with input and output cards, cables, and other peripherals, please use the online DigitalMedia Switcher Configuration Tool.
Please refer to the DigitalMedia Resources Webpage at http://www.crestron.com/dmresources/ for additional design tools and reference documents.
- Modular input card for a DM-MD8X8, DM-MD16X16, or DM-MD32X32 switcher
- Provides a single DM 8G® SM Fiber input
- Supports cable lengths up to 7.5 miles (12 km) using CresFiber® 8G SM or G.652.D single-mode fiber 
- Handles video resolutions up to Full HD 1080p
- Handles computer resolutions up to WUXGA
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP compliant
- Includes an HDMI® output for pass-through of the input signal
- Includes a stereo analog line-level audio output with volume control 
- Allows extraction of stereo 2-channel audio signals
- Occupies a single DM® switcher input card slot
- Provides a rack-mountable DM 8G SM Fiber receiver solution using the optional DMCI card interface