Creation Networks offers audiovisual & video conferencing services for projects of all sizes - from a single meeting room to a nationwide deployment. You can count on us for your audiovisual technology system's design, configuration, programming, installation, and support. It is important that you get Top Quality products from the best manufacturers, and then purchase from a trusted partner who tests and installs what they sell, giving you the best value. Our goal at CreationNetworks.net is to only represent the top products and test everything before recommending or selling our solutions.
- Key Features
- Shipping & Returns
The DMC-S2 is an input card designed for use with any card-based Crestron® DigitalMedia™ Switcher. It provides one DM 8G® SM Fiber input, with complementary HDMI® pass-through and analog audio outputs. The DM 8G SM Fiber input enables the connection of a DM 8G SM Fiber transmitter, or the output of another DM® switcher, using a single strand of single-mode fiber.
NOTE: Refer to model DMC-S2-DSP for use with surround sound sources.
DigitalMedia 8G™ Single-Mode Fiber
Engineered for ultra high-bandwidth and ultimate scalability, DigitalMedia 8G Single-Mode Fiber (DM 8G SM Fiber) provides a true one-wire lossless transport for moving high-definition video, audio, Ethernet, and control signals over single-mode fiber. DM 8G SM Fiber handles uncompressed Full HD 1080p video signals with support for HDCP, Deep Color, 3D, and high-bitrate 7.1 audio, as well as computer signals up to WUXGA. All signals are transported over one strand of single-mode fiber, supporting distances up to 7.5 miles (12 km) using CresFiber® 8G SM or G.652.D single-mode fiber optic cable.
Every DM switcher input card includes an HDMI output port, which can be used to pass the input signal through to a local audio processor or video monitor, or to feed a second DM switcher for output expansion purposes.
The DMC-S2 also includes an unbalanced analog audio output, allowing stereo audio signals to be extracted from the digital input and fed to a multiroom audio distribution system. The output volume is adjustable via a control system using a keypad, touch screen, handheld remote, or mobile device.
NOTE: For applications requiring the simultaneous distribution of multichannel surround sound and 2-channel stereo audio signals, use model DMC-S2-DSP.
Standalone DM 8G SM Fiber Receiver
In addition to its use as an input card for DM switchers, the DMC-S2 may also be used with the DMCI DigitalMedia Card Interface to provide a DM 8G SM Fiber receiver solution that's perfect for installation in an equipment rack or AV cart, or as a portable display interface.
To configure a DM switcher complete with input and output cards, cables, and other peripherals, please use the online DigitalMedia Switcher Configuration Tool.
Please refer to the DigitalMedia Resources Webpage at http://www.crestron.com/dmresources/ for additional design tools and reference documents.
- Modular input card for a DM-MD8X8, DM-MD16X16, or DM-MD32X32 switcher
- Provides a single DM 8G® SM Fiber input
- Supports cable lengths up to 7.5 miles (12 km) using CresFiber® 8G SM or G.652.D single-mode fiber 
- Handles video resolutions up to Full HD 1080p
- Handles computer resolutions up to WUXGA
- Handles 3D video and Deep Color
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, DTS-HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP compliant
- Includes an HDMI® output for pass-through of the input signal
- Includes a stereo analog line-level audio output with volume control 
- Allows extraction of stereo 2-channel audio signals
- Occupies a single DM® switcher input card slot
- Provides a rack-mountable DM 8G SM Fiber receiver solution using the optional DMCI card interface 
At Creartion Networks, we do everything we can to create an excellent customer experience. This includes fast shipping and easy returns.
- Most in-stock orders placed Monday-Friday before 1PM PST ship the same day. Orders placed after 1PM will ship the next day of business. General restrictions apply; please see our full shipping policy here.
- We offer a 30-day return policy from the delivery date on many products. Product restrictions apply. Restocking fees for the return of open-box items. Please see our full return policy here for more information.