Creation Networks offers audiovisual & video conferencing services for projects of all sizes - from a single meeting room to a nationwide network. You can count on us for your audiovisual technology system's design, configuration, installation, and support. It is important that you get Top Quality products from the best manufacturers, and then purchase from a partner that tests what they sell and gives you the best value for your money. Our goal at CreationNetworks.net is to only represent the top products and test everything before recommending or selling our solutions.
Tel: 888.230.3661 firstname.lastname@example.org Contact us today for quantity & package discounts!
- Shipping & Returns
With its preset modes for fast setup, and intuitive controls for straightforward operation, the black TASCAM MiNiSTUDIO Creator US-42B is made for beginner and intermediate podcasters, gamers, and content creators looking to make their audio productions stand out on YouTube, Facebook Live, Twitch, and elsewhere in the online universe. This tabletop solution combines simple hardware with user-friendly software, putting all the essential tools for podcasting, live streaming, karaoke, and broadcasting right at your fingertips in a versatile interface that plugs into your Mac or Windows computer via USB. What's more, with a flick of its Creator switch, the US-42B becomes a powerful audio interface—allowing you to record vocals and instruments to your computer with studio-quality results.
The MiNiSTUDIO Creator US-42B is streamlined to have first-time users up and broadcasting a two-person podcast in minutes. It features inputs for connecting just about any kind of microphone or instrument to record you and your guest with a clean, professional sound, and has two headphone jacks that let both the host and the guest hear themselves clearly. The US-42B allows you to create a polished and fully produced podcast on the fly without having to focus on engineering. Easy-to-reach controls and effect pads let you adjust levels, add reverb, instantly transform your voice, and even trigger fun sound effects like applause, air horns, or music. Hook up your favorite mics and headphones, and you're ready to hit the On Air button and start the show.Turn Online into Showtime This USB audio interface is designed for easy personal broadcasting with audio effects. The US-42B allows the simultaneous use of two mics and has switchable modes that support personal broadcasting and production applications, enabling anyone to broadcast their programs to the world. Add Audio Effects to Engage Listeners Even with personal broadcasting, audiences become bored with plain streamed video and audio. Skillful use of sound and video is necessary to raise the professionalism of your programs and increase your number of fans. With a US-42B, you can achieve sound with higher clarity and use special sound effects. The PON trigger function can be used to play clapping and cheering sounds like on a TV program, and the voice effects can also be used to entertain the audience.
The unit has three PON trigger pads. You can press a PON pad to play the sound effect or other audio file assigned to it. You can use the dedicated computer software to assign the desired WAV/MP3 audio files to the PON trigger pads by dragging and dropping them. Note that the PON trigger pads cannot be used when connected to an iOS device.Use Mics for You and a Guest The appearance of guests is standard on popular programs. On talk shows that invite guests, you can use separate condenser mics for the host and the guest, and provide clearer sound to the audience. Using the built-in voice effects and audio adjustment functions, you can make different settings for each person to make the quality level of your program even higher. Technically, you can also bring in a remote call-in guest by connecting a cell phone's output to the aux input. However, that caller won't hear your music or sound effects, and there is no mix-minus function to inhibit voice loopback.
You can use the unit's internal voice effects to change mic input sounds by turning the effect button on. You can choose from five types of voice effects according to the purpose for your program. Reverb effects add spatial sound and are useful when broadcasting performances with singing and guitars for example. Turn the knob to add reverb to the input signals. You can change the reverb type and settings using the dedicated software.Broadcast Your Own Singing and Playing Personal broadcasting of instrument performances and individual singing are also popular contents on the Internet. You can connect a guitar and mic to a US-42B, apply a reverb effect, and start broadcasting right away. Learn to use the built-in equalizer and compressor for high-quality audio that is like the work of a pro. Easy Karaoke Connect an iPod or a smartphone to the external input jack and sing along with existing recordings to deliver quality karaoke to the world. Increasing the number of fans that come to your in-person live performances is not a dream if your online content becomes popular when you respond to audience's requests. Create Content Anywhere When you need material for your next program, hang the US-42B around your neck, and head to the world outside. Sit on a bench, open your computer, and connect to the Internet. Just connect the US-42B by USB, and you are ready. Since an iPhone connection is also supported, you can put together a mobile broadcasting system that is even more compact. Produce Audio for Video Sound presentation is important not only for personal broadcasting but also when creating video. Switching to Creator mode automatically changes settings to ready the unit for use in creative work. Sound from vocals and instruments passes through audio circuits inherited from professional equipment, so you can achieve high-quality audio just by connecting mics and instruments to the unit. Connect monitor speakers to check your recordings, and get started making original music and audio tracks for videos. Ducking Function In any live TV or radio program, it is not that easy to adjust the volume of music playback while talking in real time. With the ducking function, the playback volume is lowered automatically when the mic input signal is detected. You can even select the music source in the settings. Mode Presets for Fast Setup Between the Broadcast/Creator switch and the US-42B's mode presets, you can easily recall settings based on your purpose without having technical knowledges of the settings. Of course, you can also make your own preferential settings using the Expert tab.
- Broadcast mode: Perfect settings for standard online broadcasting services. The loopback function is turned on and the inputs for mic 1/2 are automatically set to mono.
- Creator mode: Perfect settings for video production or music production using DAW software. The loopback function is turned off and the mic 1/2 inputs are sent to the computer separately.
- Karaoke mode: Perfect settings for online karaoke.
- Talking mode: When using Internet voice-call software, this is the setting you need; it will automatically shut off the loopback signal in the application, so you can enjoy your voice calls without risking a feedback loop.
The Expert tab gives you comprehensive controls for the US-42B's compressor, 4-band equalizer, and reverb. In this panel, you also have control over buffer size, as well as the ability to manipulate the trigger pad's settings. For example, you can set the rate of fade in and fade out for the sample being triggered.Features at a Glance
- Two combo XLR/TRS jacks support balanced input for microphones and instruments
- HDDA (High Definition Discrete Architecture) microphone preamps with individual level controls, up to 45 dB of gain, and +48V phantom power to accommodate dynamic and condenser microphones (an external gain-boosting device may be necessary for low-output dynamic mics such as the Shure SM7B)
- Preamps double as Hi-Z inputs for your electric guitar or bass
- TRRS and TRS connections for gaming headsets
- 3.5mm stereo aux input can be used to connect a smartphones, tablet, or portable media player
- Unit can be connected to record or stream on an iOS device using an Apple Lightning to USB camera adapter (available separately)
- Meter lets you visually monitor the level of the mic inputs
- Stereo 1/4" and 3.5mm jack headphone outputs with shared volume knob
- Stereo RCA outputs with level knob for connecting unit to a PA system, powered speakers, or an external audio recorder
- 3 PON sound-effect pads for triggering preselected audio sound bites, songs, or samples of your choice (bell, buzzer, and applause samples are included)
- Use the illuminated On Air button to start or mute broadcast transmission
- Creator/Broadcast switch: select Broadcast to turn on live streaming; or, select the Creator switch to activate the two-channel USB interface, and record audio straight to your computer (music or video recording software is available separately)
- USB-powered operation is supported when connected to a Mac/Windows computer
- When using with an iOS device, the unit can be powered via a USB power adapter or the TASCAM BP-6AA external battery pack (both available separately)
- Support for high-resolution recording formats up to 96 kHz / 24-bit
- Works with all major streaming software/services (YouTube, Facebook Live, Twitch, Skype, and more)
- Compatible with major DAW software including Audacity, SONAR, Pro Tools, Cubase, Live, Studio One, and GarageBand
- Tabletop Podcast-Production Studio
- Broadcasting, Streaming, Music Recording
- 2 Mic/Instrument Inputs with 48V
- 3 Programmable Pads for Instant Sound FX
- Ducking, Reverb, and Voice Effects
- 2 Headphone Outputs for Host and Guest
- Audio Software with Easy & Expert Modes
- Presets for Fast Setup
- USB Interface for 24-Bit / 96 kHz Audio
- Bus Powered / Mac, Windows, iOS
TASCAM US-42 Specs
|Channels of I/O||Analog:
2 Inputs / 4 Outputs
|Maximum Sampling Rate||96 kHz / 24-Bit|
|Number of Microphone Preamps||2 Preamps|
|Input Level Adjustment||2 x Knob|
|Gain/Trim Range||Mic/Hi-Z Inputs:
|Analog Audio I/O||2 x Combo XLR-1/4" TRS Balanced/Unbalanced Mic/Hi-Z Input
2 x RCA Coaxial Unbalanced Line Output
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRS Unbalanced Aux Input
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TS Unbalanced Mic Input (Front Panel)
1 x 1/8" / 3.5 mm TRRS Unbalanced Headphone/Headset In/Out (Front Panel)
1 x 1/4" TRS Unbalanced Headphone Output (Front Panel)
|Phantom Power||48 V, Selectable On/Off (Selectable on Individual Inputs)|
|Digital Audio I/O||None|
|Host Connection / USB||1 x USB-B|
|Host Connection Protocol||USB 2.0|
|USB (Non-Host)||1 x Micro-USB (Power Input)|
|Frequency Response||Line Outputs:
20 Hz to 20 kHz +0/-1 dB (at 44.1/48 kHz)
20 Hz to 40 kHz +0/-1 dB (at 88.2/96 kHz)
1/4" Headphone Outputs:
20 Hz to 20 kHz +0/-3 dB (at 44.1/48 kHz)
20 Hz to 40 kHz +0/-3 dB (at 88.2/96 kHz)
|Maximum Input Level||+7.7 dBV|
|Maximum Output Level||Line Outputs:
|Headphone Output Power||15 mW per Channel into 32 Ohms|
|Impedance||XLR Mic Inputs:
1/8" / 3.5 mm Mic Inputs:
≥ 5 Kilohms
1/8" / 3.5 mm Aux Inputs:
≥ 5 Kilohms
≥ 200 Ohms
≥ 1 Megohms
≤ 0.005% (1 kHz)
95 dB (1 kHz)
< -120 dB (150-Ohm Source)
|Sample Rates||44.1 / 48 / 88.2 / 96 kHz|
|Bit Depths||16 / 24-Bit|
|Memory Card Slot||None|
|OS Compatibility||Windows 7
macOS 10.9 or Later
iOS 7 or Later
*As of June, 2022: Check with manufacturer for the most up-to-date compatibility
|Processor Requirement||2 GHz|
|RAM Requirements||2 GB|
|Mobile Device Compatibility||iPhone
|Required Hardware||Available USB 2.0 Port|
|Internet Connection||Required for Software/Driver Download|
|Power Requirements||DC Input or USB Bus Power|
|AC/DC Power Adapter||5 VDC (Not Included)|
|Power Consumption||1.5 W|
|Anti-Theft Features||Kensington Security Slot|
|Operating Temperature||41 to 95°F / 5 to 35°C|
|Dimensions||7.9 x 5.1 x 1.6" / 20 x 13 x 4 cm|
|Weight||1.1 lb / 0.5 kg|
|Package Weight||2 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||10.63 x 6.75 x 4"|
At Creartion Networks, we do everything we can to create an excellent customer experience. This includes fast shipping and easy returns.
- Most in-stock orders placed Monday-Friday before 1PM PST ship the same day. Orders placed after 1PM will ship the next day of business. General restrictions apply; please see our full shipping policy here.
- We offer a 30-day return policy from the delivery date on many products. Product restrictions apply. Restocking fees for the return of open-box items. Please see our full return policy here for more information.
Nationwide Audiovisual Services - Design, Installation & Support - A Partner You Can Trust
Our AV experts have earned their professional certifications to design, build, and manage the best AV services for you. View Our Certifications
Choose from products and national brands to find the right technology for your needs. View Our Vendor Partners