Our AV experts have earned their professional certifications to design, build, and manage the best AV services for you. View Our Certifications
- Key Features
The Crestron® TST-902 Wireless Touch Screen is an advanced wireless controller, engineered to deliver ultimate performance, reliability, and customizability for controlling a wide range of technologies in a corporate, government, classroom, or high-end home environment. Its thin, tablet-style design is easy to hold and moves effortlessly between portable and stationary tabletop or in-wall use. Its large-capacity rechargeable battery affords several hours or days of operation between charges. Dual-mode wireless performance with roaming capability assures dependable connectivity throughout a commercial facility or luxury residence.
Featuring a high-contrast 8.7” capacitive touch screen with Smart Graphics®, the TST-902 allows completely customizable control over media presentation and teleconferencing systems, lighting and shades, HVAC and BMS, home theater, and a host of other technologies. Additional advanced features include the abilities to control any function using voice commands, view full-motion streaming video from cameras and other sources, and browse the Internet.[2,3]
Crestron touch screens use Smart Graphics to deliver the ultimate user experience and the ultimate value by enabling the creation of dynamically rich user interfaces with incredible efficiency and unparalleled functionality. Using Smart Graphics, programmers can swiftly integrate fluid gesture-driven controls, animated feedback, rich metadata, embedded apps and widgets, and full-motion video for a deeply engaging and ultra-intuitive touch screen experience.
Crestron Smart Graphics offers these enhancements and more:
- Cool-looking graphical buttons, sliders, knobs, and gauges that are intuitive and fun to use
- Kinetic effects to enhance the feeling of realism, with lists and toolbars that scroll with momentum at the flick of a fingertip
- Drag-and-drop objects that snap into place, offering an easy way to switch sources
- Dashboard widgets to personalize the touch screen with clocks, weather, news, and other information 
- A power-saving screensaver, allowing display of time, temperature, and other text content at a reduced brightness level
- Customizable themes allowing a completely different look and feel for every user, event, or season
- Fully-developed SmartObjects® that enable sophisticated control over complex devices with minimal programming
- A consistent look and feel across multiple touch screens of varying sizes
To deliver the ultimate in wireless touch screen performance and functionality, the TST-902 employs a combination of Crestron Extended Range 2.4 GHz RF (ER) and Wi-Fi® wireless technologies.
- Extended Range RF (Required) — Primary functionality is supported via Crestron ER (Extended Range) wireless communications, providing seamless touch screen control with true feedback. A single ER gateway  enables ultra dependable wireless performance at a range of up to 200 feet (60 m) indoors. Roaming capability allows for even greater coverage using up to eight ER gateways.
- Wi-Fi (Optional) — While the TST-902 can be operated using only ER wireless, advanced wireless capabilities such as streaming video, voice recognition, web browsing, and dynamic graphics can only be supported using both ER and Wi-Fi together (dual-mode). Crestron enhanced Wi-Fi wireless performance achieves a remarkable 50 feet (15 m) omnidirectional coverage indoors. For Wi-Fi networks with multiple access points, the TST-902 supports the ability to hand off communication from one access point to another if the active connection is lost. The choice of 802.11 b, g, and n protocols affords reliable, high-speed wireless performance in virtually any RF environment. For optimal Wi-Fi performance, Crestron offers the CEN-WAP-1500 High Power Dual-Band Wireless Access Point .
IMPORTANT: EVERY INSTALLATION OF THE TST-902 REQUIRES A CRESTRON ER WIRELESS GATEWAY TO ENABLE ESSENTIAL WIRELESS CAPABILITY. THE TST-902 WILL NOT WORK WITH WI-FI ALONE.
Extended Battery Life
The TST-902 features a large-capacity, user-replaceable Li-Ion battery pack to enable up to 9 hours of continuous operation and several days of typical use between charges. Intelligent power management and Lithium Ion battery technology afford a perfect balance of long battery life, light weight, and compact size.
Table Dock Charger
The TST-902 includes a stylish table dock for charging its internal battery while simultaneously allowing it to be used as a stationary tabletop touch screen. The table dock holds the TST-902 firmly at a fixed upright angle while docked, and allows it to be simply lifted off at any time for portable use. Its sleek appearance achieves a look befitting the most contemporary boardroom or luxury living room.
Wall Dock Option
Available separately, the TST-902-DSW provides a flush mount, in-wall docking solution, allowing the TST-902 to be used as a stationary wall mount touch screen with the ability to go wireless at any time.
- Advanced wireless touch screen controller
- Thin, stylish tablet design
- Non-slip rear surface
- 8.7" LED backlit color LCD display
- Capacitive touch screen technology
- Multi-touch capable
- Smart Graphics® performance
- Voice recognition capability [2,3]
- H.264 or MJPEG streaming video display 
- Built-in microphone and speakers
- Customizable audio feedback
- Built-in web browsing [2,3]
- On-screen multi-language keyboard
- Customizable screensaver
- Dual-mode RF wireless performance — Extended Range 2.4 GHz RF plus Wi-Fi® 
- Instant-Waking® behavior — like an IR remote with all the benefits of 2-way RF!
- Supports roaming for extended wireless coverage 
- Large-capacity, user-replaceable Li-Ion battery pack
- Rechargeable using power pack or table dock (both included) 
- Doubles as a stationary tabletop touch screen while docked
- Wall dock option available separately