- Key Features
The DMC-STR is an input card designed for use with any card-based Crestron® DigitalMedia™ Switcher. It provides one streaming input, with associated HDMI® and analog audio outputs. The streaming input receives a single H.264 video stream over an IP network from another DM® switcher, an IP camera, or a streaming encoder (Crestron DM-TXRX-100-STR, CEN-NVS200, or similar ).
High-performance H.264 streaming capability enables enterprise-wide distribution of HD content over an IP network. Streaming expands the capabilities of a DM system to allow high-definition AV signal routing from sources anywhere in the world. Streaming removes all distance limitations and utilizes existing infrastructure to enable signal distribution for applications where dedicated wiring cannot be installed.
The DMC-STR supports streaming at resolutions up to HD 1080p and bitrates up to 25 Mbps. The stream is decoded and converted to HDMI to allow for switching and distribution via DigitalMedia. The streaming input can be configured to receive streaming signals via its dedicated “CONTENT LAN” port, or via the DM switcher’s LAN port, allowing the option to isolate control and content onto separate networks or combine them on a single network.
High-quality AAC audio decoding provides support for streaming sources with 2-channel stereo audio. The audio stream is converted to linear PCM for distribution via the DM system.
The DMC-STR includes an unbalanced analog audio output, allowing stereo audio signals to be extracted from the streaming input and fed to a multiroom audio distribution system. The output volume is adjustable via a control system using a keypad, touch screen, handheld remote, or mobile device.
Every DM switcher input card includes an HDMI output port, which can be used to pass the input signal through to a local audio processor or video monitor, or to feed a second DM switcher for output expansion purposes.
Standalone Streaming Receiver
In addition to its use as an input card for DM switchers, the DMC-STR may also be used with the DMCI DigitalMedia Card Interface , allowing it to function as a streaming receiver for a single display device, AV receiver, or other equipment.
To configure a DM switcher complete with input and output cards, cables, and other peripherals, please use the DigitalMedia™ Switcher Configuration Tool.
Please refer to the DigitalMedia Resources Webpage at http://www.crestron.com/dmresources/ for additional design tools and reference documents.
- Modular input card for a DM-MD8X8, DM-MD16X16, or DM-MD32X32 switcher
- Provides a single streaming input
- Converts the incoming stream to HDMI® for distribution via DigitalMedia™
- Allows high-definition AV signal distribution over IP with no distance limitations
- Supports streaming at resolutions up to 1080p60 and bitrates up to 25 Mbps
- Employs high-quality H.264 video and AAC audio decoding
- Includes a stereo analog line-level audio output with volume control
- Allows extraction of stereo 2-channel audio signals
- Includes an HDMI output for pass-through of the decoded signal
- Enables device control via CEC
- Supports streaming via the Control LAN or a dedicated Content LAN
- Occupies a single DM® switcher input card slot
- Provides a streaming receiver solution using the optional DMCI card interface