The HyperDeck Studio 4K Pro represents the top of the line in Blackmagic's HyperDeck Studio series. 4K UHD capability offers all the resolution you need to work with virtually any material. The SDI Outputs have been upgraded to 12G-SDI supporting all formats up to 4K in ProRes, DNx, and H.264/5. Two SD card slots and a pair of SSD (Solid State Drive) slots provide truly unlimited hot-swap recording. There's even a USB-C out provided for recording to USB disks or arrays.
You get 12G-SDI capability on one input with a pair of direct outs and a loop out plus an additional 3G-SDI out for monitoring. HDMI in/out is also included for connection to cameras, projectors, and TVs. 12G-SDI ability means you can record and playback ProRes up to Ultra HD 60fps with HDR (High Dynamic Range). Convenient audio monitoring is possible via a front-panel headphone output for quick verification.
The HyperDeck Studio 4K Pro records compressed video files onto SD/UHS-II cards or external USB disks in SD/HD formats to 2160p60. This makes the HD mini ideal for broadcast transfer and archiving or recording masters. HyperDeck Studio HD Pro is also perfect for digital signage thanks to HDMI output and a built-in sync generator that allows you to combine multiple HyperDecks (sold separately) for large multiscreen video walls. SDI in and out makes it possible to combine a rack of HyperDeck Studios (sold separately) for ISO recording (isolation recording). You can even sync cameras to the SDI output while the SDI input provides frame sync.
The transport controls are modeled after a traditional deck transport. There's the standard record and directional controls plus a search dial with smooth electronic clutch control. The dial has a dedicated menu and search buttons for quick access to the most used functions. Adding to the ease of operation there's a 2.2" full-color LCD that shows a preview of the current clip with timecode, transport, and other vital information.
- Blackmagic OS
- Blackmagic HyperDeck Setup
- Internal Software Upgrade
- Loaded at system start or via Blackmagic HyperDeck Setup using USB port
- Records H.264/265, Apple ProRes, or DNxHD files
- Two SSD slots
- Two SD card slots
- Record to SD/UHS-II cards or external USB disks in SD/HD formats to 2160p60
- 12G-SDI input and output
- 3G-SDI monitor outpuut
- HDMI input and output
- Internal timecode generator with XLR connectors
- Built-in sync generator for deck sync
- Dedicated search, menu, set, jog, shuttle, and scroll buttons work in cojunction with the search dial
- Redundant power connections, 2 AC, one DC on a broadcast style 4-pin XLR jack
- 10G Ethernet port for deck control and file transfer
- Front-panel headphone output
- SDI Video Inputs: 1
- SDI Video Outputs: 2
- SDI Monitor Outputs: 1
- HDMI 2.0 Video Inputs: 1
- HDMI 2.0 Video Outputs: 1
- SDI Rates: 270Mb, 1.5G, 3G, 6G, 12G.
- Built in Speaker: Mono
- Audio Output: 1 x 6.35 mm headphone jack.
- Screen: 2.2 inch LCD.
- Timecode Connections
- 1 x XLR In, 1 x XLR Out.
- Reference Connections
- 1 x BNC In, 1 x BNC Out.
- Tri-Sync or Black Burst.
- SDI Audio Inputs: 16 channels embedded audio.
- SDI Audio Outputs: 16 channels embedded audio.
- HDMI Audio Inputs: 8 channels embedded audio.
- HDMI Audio Outputs: 8 channels embedded audio.
- Remote Control: 1 x RS-422 In, 1 x RS-422 Out.
- Recorder Configuration: Via user interface or Blackmagic HyperDeck
- Ethernet: 10Gb/s
- Computer Interface: 1 x USB Type-C 3.1 Gen 2 (up to 10Gb/s) for external drive recording, webcam out, software configuration and updates.
- SD Video Standards: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL
- HD Video Standards: 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 1080PsF23.98, 1080PsF24, 1080PsF25, 1080PsF29.97, 1080PsF30
- 2K DCI Video Standards: 2Kp23.98 DCI, 2Kp24 DCI, 2Kp25 DCI, 2Kp29.97 DCI, 2Kp30 DCI
- Ultra HD Video Standards: 2160p23.98, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p29.97, 2160p30, 2160p50, 2160p59.94, 2160p60
- 4K DCI Video Standards: 4Kp23.98 DCI, 4Kp24 DCI, 4Kp25 DCI, 4Kp29.97 DCI, 4Kp30 DCI
- SDI Compliance: SMPTE 259M, SMPTE 292M, SMPTE 296M, SMPTE 372M, SMPTE 424M, SMPTE 425M level A and B, SMPTE 2081‑1, SMPTE 2081‑10, SMPTE 2082‑1, SMPTE 2082‑10, SMPTE 2084 and SMPTE 2108‑1.
- SDI Metadata Support: HD RP188 and closed captioning CEA‑708. HDR Metadata supported on SDI.
- Supported HDMI Formats: 525i59.94 NTSC, 625i50 PAL, 720p50, 720p59.94, 720p60, 1080i50, 1080i59.94, 1080i60, 1080p23.98, 1080p24, 1080p25, 1080p29.97, 1080p30, 1080p50, 1080p59.94, 1080p60, 2Kp23.98 DCI, 2Kp24 DCI, 2Kp25 DCI, 2Kp29.97 DCI, 2Kp30 DCI, 2160p23.98, 2160p24, 2160p25, 2160p29.97, 2160p30, 2160p50, 2160p59.94, 2160p60, 4Kp23.98 DCI, 4Kp24 DCI, 4Kp25 DCI, 4Kp29.97 DCI, 4Kp30 DCI
- Audio Sampling: Television standard 24‑bit, 48 kHz sample rate.
- Video Sampling: 4:2:2 YUV
- Color Precision: 10‑bit
- Color Space: REC 601, REC 709, REC 2020. 33 point 3D LUTS can be applied to SDI monitor out.
- HDR Support: Hybrid Log‑Gamma, ST2084 300, ST2084 500, ST2084 800, ST2084 1000, ST2084 2000, ST2084 4000, ST2084.
- Multi Rate Support: Auto detection of SD, HD, 6G‑SDI and 12G‑SDI.
- Copy Protection: HDMI input is unable to capture from copy protected HDMI sources. Always confirm copyright ownership before capture or distribution of content.
- Media: 2 x 2.5 inch disc slots 2 x SD card slots 1 x USB‑C 3.1 Gen 2 expansion port for external recording of SD, HD, 2K DCI, Ultra HD and 4K DCI.
- Media Type: SATA-II or SATA-III 2.5 inch solid state media. UHS-I and UHS-II SD cards.
- Media Format: Can format media to ExFAT (Windows/Mac) or HFS+ (Mac) file systems.
- Supported Codecs: ProRes HQ QuickTime, ProRes 422 QuickTime, ProRes LT QuickTime, ProRes Proxy QuickTime for all formats up to 2160p60. Playback only of ProRes 4444 QuickTime up to 1080p60 with auto routing of fill and key over SDI A and B outputs. DNxHD 220x, DNxHD 220x MXF, DNxHD 145, DNxHD 145 MXF, DNxHD 45, DNxHD 45 MXF for 720p and 1080p HD formats up to 60fps.DNxHR HQX, DNxHR HQX MXF, DNxHR SQ, DNxHR SQ MXF, DNxHR LB, DNxHR LB MXF for 2K DCI and 2160p formats up to 60fps. H.265 SDI 4:2:2 10‑bit, H.265 High 4:2:0 10‑bit, H.265 Medium 4:2:0 10‑bit, H.265 Low 4:2:0 10‑bit for all 2160p formats up to 60 fps. H.264 SDI 4:2:2 10‑bit, H.264 High 4:2:0 8‑bit, H.264 Medium 4:2:0 8‑bit, H.264 Low 4:2:0 8‑bit for all formats up to 1080p60.
- Built in Control Panel: 16 buttons for transport and device control with search dial featuring electronic clutch and 2.2 inch color display.
- External Control: RS-422 deck control, SDI start/stop, timecode run. Includes Blackmagic HyperDeck Ethernet Protocol. Supports remote FTP file upload.
- Operating Systems
- Mac 10.15 Catalina
- Mac 11.1 Big Sur or later
- Windows 10, 64-bit