Creation Networks offers audiovisual & video conferencing services for projects of all sizes - from a single meeting room to a nationwide deployment. You can count on us for your audiovisual technology system's design, configuration, programming, installation, and support. It is important that you get Top Quality products from the best manufacturers, and then purchase from a trusted partner who tests and installs what they sell, giving you the best value. Our goal at CreationNetworks.net is to only represent the top products and test everything before recommending or selling our solutions.
- Shipping & Returns
Designed for broadcasters and A/V professionals, Blackmagic Design's ATEM Television Studio HD is a compact yet powerful and easy-to-operate solution. Four of each HDMI and SDI inputs are available on the rear of the chassis, and both sets of inputs support SD and HD resolution signals. The relatively small chassis can fit on a standard equipment rack with the separately available Teranex Mini Rack Shelf, so it can be brought on location for streaming video, or installed semi-permanently for recording or broadcasting from a studio.
The front panel keeps essential controls at arm's reach, while more advanced controls and settings, such as upstream and downstream keyers, graphics, media, and precise mixing for the 10 channels of available audio can be accessed through the USB interface or with an ATEM control surface. Move to the rear to reveal the BNC and HDMI connections for input and output. Multiview can be transmitted over SDI or HDMI to align with your equipment setup, and an AUX output lets you send video to an external display, which is great for live events with a projection setup. Four of the SDI outputs have embedded talkback audio for studio setups. Blackmagic Design Studio Cameras can also be controlled from the switcher for consistent looks across the board.Transitions Choose from a wide range of transitions including cut, mix, dip, and wipe patterns. ATEM Television Studio HD makes every transition instantly available and gives you full control over type, pattern, length, and more.
Available transitions include:
- Cut: When you press the cut button, ATEM instantly changes from your current program source to the preview source. Cuts can be performed by directly selecting sources or by pressing the cut button to switch to the next source on the preview bus.
- Mix: The mix, or dissolve transition, gradually transitions from one source to the next by creating a smooth blend. You can set custom timings to manually blend the transition.
- Dip: Just like mix transitions, a dip transition is a gradual blend that includes either a solid color, graphic, or another clip between the two video sources. Dips to black or white between sources are the most popular, or you can use logos or sponsor graphics.
- Wipe: ATEM Television Studio HD has 18 built-in wipe patterns. Choose from circles, diamonds, squares, and more. Shapes and patterns can be inverted, softened, or even have customized colored borders. You can even insert live video into the borders for further customization.
- DVE: The ATEM Television Studio HD has a powerful built-in Digital Video Effects (DVE) processor. You can push, spin, squeeze and swoosh your live video from one camera to the next with incredible built-in DVE transitions. DVE transitions can be flip-flopped and reversed, giving you even more transition options. With 35 built-in pre-programmed moves, you can get started with advanced transitions. Graphic wipes can also be created by combining a DVE transition with a logo created in Photoshop.
- Luma key: Luma keys are sometimes known as a self key because the same video source is used for cutting the key and overlaying the video image. Luma keys work best with high contrast images, like white elements on a black background, so you can use the contrast to cut the black background and replace it with live video or graphics.
- Linear key: Get clean, high-quality results with linear keying by using two separate sources for the fill and the key to create one video image. The fill signal contains the video to be stacked over the background, while the key signal contains a grayscale mask to cut out, or mask, the area to be filled.
- Chroma key: Used every day for TV weather forecasts, chroma keys are a powerful way of combining live images in real time. The presenter typically stands in front of a green or blue background and the chroma keyer will remove only that color and combine it with another image, such as a video or graphic.
- Pattern key: Combine live images with any of the 18 built-in wipe patterns to combine live images or graphics with geometric shapes. You get full control over softness, symmetry, size, and position to create unique picture-in-picture effects that can be transitioned to as easily as any live source.
- 8-Channel SDI/HDMI Switcher
- NTSC/PAL, HD, Computer Signal Compatible
- 10-Channel Digital Audio Mixer
- Built-In Front Panel Controls
- Multiview Output through HDMI and SDI
- Upstream and Downstream Keyers
- DVE for Transitions and Keyers
- Photoshop Plugin for Graphics
- Media Players
Blackmagic Design ATEM Specs
|Available M/E Layers||5 M/E|
|Effect Types||1 x Chroma Key
3 x Luma Key
1 x Transition
|Downstream Keys||2 x Chroma, Luma|
|Generators||2 x Pattern
2 x Color
|Audio Mixing||2-Channel Mixing|
|Switching Type||Pushbutton, Software|
|Color Processing||10-Bit 4:2:2 YUV|
|Number of Video Input Sources||8|
|Video Input Connectors||4 x BNC (3G-SDI / HD-SDI / SD-SDI) Female
4 x HDMI Female
|Input Video Format||HDMI / SDI (10-Bit 4:2:2 YUV)
1080p at 23.98/24/25/29.97/30/50/59.94 fps
1080i 50/59.94 fps
720p 50/59.94 fps
PAL 50 fps
NTSC 59.94 fps
|Audio Input Connectors||2 x XLR 3-Pin Mono Analog Female
1 x Aviation PJ-068 Stereo Analog
|Embedded Audio Input||HDMI: 2-Channel (per Input)
SDI: 2-Channel (per Input)
|Video Output Channels||5|
|Video Output Connectors||4 x BNC (3G-SDI / HD-SDI / SD-SDI) Female (Program)
1 x BNC (3G-SDI / HD-SDI / SD-SDI) Female (Program)
|Output Video Format||HDMI / SDI (10-Bit 4:2:2 YUV)
1080p at 23.98/24/25/29.97/30/50/59.94/60 fps
1080i 50/59.94 fps
720p 50/59.94 fps
PAL (768 x 576) 50 fps
NTSC 59.94 fps
|Audio Output Connectors||1 x 1/4" TRS Stereo Analog Female|
|Embedded Audio Output||SDI|
|Multiview Output||4-Way Multiview viaHDMI, SDI|
|Other I/O||1 x BNC Reference Input
1 x BNC Sync, Tally Output
1 x DE-9/DB-9 RS-232 Input/Output
1 x RJ45 Control Input/Output
1 x USB Type-B Control Input
|OS Compatibility||macOS 10.10 or Later
Windows 8.1 or Later
*As of December, 2021: Check with manufacturer for the most up-to-date compatibility
|Power Connector||1 x NEMA 5-15R Input|
|Power Consumption||Device: 100 to 240 VAC (40 W)|
|Operating Temperature||41 to 104°F / 5 to 40°C|
|Storage Temperature||14 to 140°F / -10 to 60°C|
|Operating Humidity||0 to 90%|
|Storage Humidity||0 to 90%|
|Dimensions||11.02 x 6.89 x 1.75" / 27.99 x 17.5 x 4.45 cm|
|Weight||3.22 lb / 1.46 kg|
|Package Weight||4.1 lb|
|Box Dimensions (LxWxH)||13.65 x 8.4 x 3.6"|
At Creartion Networks, we do everything we can to create an excellent customer experience. This includes fast shipping and easy returns.
- Most in-stock orders placed Monday-Friday before 1PM PST ship the same day. Orders placed after 1PM will ship the next day of business. General restrictions apply; please see our full shipping policy here.
- We offer a 30-day return policy from the delivery date on many products. Product restrictions apply. Restocking fees for the return of open-box items. Please see our full return policy here for more information.