The Audio-Technica U843R is a three-element multidirectional boundary microphone offering customizable coverage in mono or stereo for a variety of audio and video conferencing applications. Its three cardioid condenser elements can be utilized separately or together to realize cardioid, omnidirectional, or figure-8 polar patterns. Levers on the mic base allow repositioning of the left and right mic elements for 360° or 300° sound pickup when all three elements are employed.
The U843R delivers clear, intelligible speech tonality, thanks to its 70 Hz to 15 kHz frequency response and 80 Hz low-cut filter. UniGuard shielding inhibits radio-frequency interference from sources such as fluorescent lights and wireless systems, so you're assured clean signal transmission. The low-profile, heavy-duty housing features four slots to enable proper routing of the attached microphone cable, which has an unterminated pigtail with stripped and tinned leads that can be soldered to your preferred connectors (available separately). Each mic element is operable via 11 to 52 VDC phantom power.
- Three cardioid condenser elements mounted in a single housing
- Easily reposition two elements (via levers on the microphone base) to offer 360° or 300° coverage; each element can be powered and used individually or in any combination
- Supports use as a mono or stereo boundary microphone
- Provides full, efficient, and flexible coverage with fewer microphones required
- Small-diameter capsules near boundary eliminate phase distortion and deliver clear, high-output performance
- Low-frequency attenuation improves sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Cable routes through any of four recessed pathways on the microphone base (or down for direct feed through a table surface); no tools or disassembly required
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers enhanced rejection of radio-frequency interference
- Heavy diecast case and non-slip silicone foam bottom pad minimizes coupling of surface vibration to the microphone
- Low-profile design with low-reflectance finish for minimum visibility
- Ideal for a variety of audio and video conferencing applications, especially when used with an Audio-Technica automatic SmartMixer (available separately)