Creation Networks offers audiovisual & video conferencing services for projects of all sizes - from a single meeting room to a nationwide deployment. You can count on us for your audiovisual technology system's design, configuration, programming, installation, and support. It is important that you get Top Quality products from the best manufacturers, and then purchase from a trusted partner who tests and installs what they sell, giving you the best value. Our goal at CreationNetworks.net is to only represent the top products and test everything before recommending or selling our solutions.
- Shipping & Returns
The versatile AKG C214 Large-Diaphragm Condenser Microphone is designed to record lead vocals, drums, acoustic instruments, and guitar amplifiers in the studio, on stage, or in broadcasting situations. Conceived as a cost-effective alternative to the renowned C414 microphone, this microphone uses the same 1" capsule but in a single-diaphragm, cardioid-only configuration. The transducer features technology that allows the membrane to vibrate freely, resulting in a wide frequency range and detailed transients, even at high sound-pressure levels.
With the additions of a switchable -20 dB pad and a 160 Hz low-cut filter, the C214 is well suited for close-miking applications as well as overhead placement. The C214 is a rugged microphone built to withstand the severities of professional studios or the road. The integrated capsule suspension helps reduce mechanical noise and resonance for a cleaner sound. The die-cast metal body with shock- and scratch-resistant finish features a double-mesh grille which protects the capsule and ensures efficient rejection of RF interference without affecting acoustics. The C214 comes with a metal carrying case, a foam windscreen, and a spider-type shockmount.
Sonic Character of the C414 AKG's legendary C414 needs no introduction as it is a tool found in most recording studios and has been used on thousands of hit records. Plus, it has been on stage withartists of every musical genre and is also used by leading broadcast facilities the world over.
The C214 is designed as a cost-effective alternative to the high-end, industry-leading C414 family. This microphone uses the same 1" dual-capsule as the legendary C414 in a single-diaphragm, cardioid-only design, giving it performance close to that of the C414. Low Noise and High Dynamic Range The C214 has AKG's legendary large-diaphragm sound and is capable of incredible 143 dB dynamic range for uncompressed, life-like transients while delivering low self-noise of 13 dBA. The C214's edge-terminated capsule delivers a highly detailed, up-front sound that brings out nuances of any voice or instrument. Pad and Low-Cut Filter Thanks to its switchable -20 dB attenuation pad and 160 Hz low-cut filter, the C214 can be used in sound fields as high as 156 dB SPL. So, it can be used on stage for close-up miking for even very loud applications like drum overheads, guitar amps, or high-output brass. Integrated Suspension The C214 features an integrated capsule suspension that reduces mechanical noise and resonances for even greater sonic accuracy. The double mesh, all-metal grille protects the capsule and ensures high RF immunity without affecting acoustical performance. Rugged Construction The C214 has a roadworthy construction quality with a scratch-resistant finish, a dent-resistant metal grille, and a gold-plated XLR output. Features at a Glance
- Cost-effective alternative to the C414 family
- Same capsule as C414 B-XLS in a single-diaphragm, cardioid-only design
- Cardioid polar pattern reduces pickup of stage bleed and room ambience
- 143 dB dynamic range (pad on)
- 156 dB maximum SPL (pad on)
- Switchable -20 dB pad and 160 Hz low-cut filter
- Integrated capsule suspension to reduce mechanical noise
- Rugged double-mesh grille for RF immunity but unaffected acoustics
- Operates on 48V phantom power (accepts 12 to 52 VDC phantom power)
- Spider-type shockmount and metal carrying case included
- All-metal die-cast body with shock- and scratch-resistant finish
- Designed, engineered, and built in Vienna, Austria
At Creartion Networks, we do everything we can to create an excellent customer experience. This includes fast shipping and easy returns.
- Most in-stock orders placed Monday-Friday before 1PM PST ship the same day. Orders placed after 1PM will ship the next day of business. General restrictions apply; please see our full shipping policy here.
- We offer a 30-day return policy from the delivery date on many products. Product restrictions apply. Restocking fees for the return of open-box items. Please see our full return policy here for more information.