Creation Networks offers audiovisual & video conferencing services for projects of all sizes - from a single meeting room to a nationwide deployment. You can count on us for your audiovisual technology system's design, configuration, programming, installation, and support. It is important that you get Top Quality products from the best manufacturers, and then purchase from a trusted partner who tests and installs what they sell, giving you the best value. Our goal at CreationNetworks.net is to only represent the top products and test everything before recommending or selling our solutions.
- Shipping & Returns
The Crestron® USB over Category Cable Extenders (USB‑EXT‑2‑LOCAL and USB‑EXT‑2‑REMOTE) deliver reliable, high‑speed USB signal extension for USB 1.1 and 2.0 devices in a conference room, classroom, auditorium, command center, medical facility, public space, or residence. Without requiring any special configuration or drivers, the USB extenders enable wire runs up to 330 ft (100 m) over a single CAT5e (or better) unshielded twisted-pair (UTP) cable. The USB extenders support most USB device types and are plug‑and‑play compatible with computers running Windows®, macOS®, and Linux® operating systems.
Two types of USB extenders are available:
- USB‑EXT-2‑REMOTE - Provides connectivity for up to two USB devices (keyboards, whiteboards, mobile devices, etc.) at one location
- USB‑EXT-2‑LOCAL - Provides connectivity for a single USB host (computer, media server, codec, etc.)
Linking the two extenders requires one run of CAT5e unshielded twisted-pair cable.2 Both extenders are powered by a single 100-240 VAC power supply, which can be connected at either end to an AC power receptacle.3 The USB‑EXT‑2‑LOCAL and USB‑EXT‑2‑REMOTE are compatible with the USB over Category Cable Extender Wall Plates (USB‑EXT‑2‑LOCAL‑1G and USB‑EXT‑2‑REMOTE‑1G).
Note: The USB‑EXT-2‑LOCAL and USB‑EXT-2‑REMOTE are simple point-to-point USB signal extenders. They do not switch or route USB signals, and do not connect to a network. For KVM and other applications routing USB signals over an Ethernet network, please refer to the USB over Category Cable Extenders
- Provide reliable, high-speed USB signal extension for most USB 1.1 or 2.0 devices1
- Compatible with Crestron® USB over Category Cable Extender Wall Plates (USB‑EXT‑2‑LOCAL‑1G and USB‑EXT‑2‑REMOTE‑1G)
- Extend USB signals up to 330 ft (100 m) over CAT5e (or better) twisted-pair cable2
- 100-240 VAC power supply (included)
- Enable transparent point-to-point USB extension without any configuration or programming
- Plug-and-play compatible with most types of USB 1.1 and 2.0 devices and hosts1
- No drivers required with Windows®, macOS®, or Linux® operating systems1
- Transport USB over CAT5e at speeds up to 480 Mbps
- Mass Storage Acceleration maximizes USB 2.0 bulk transfer speeds
- Expandable using up to 4 USB hubs (not included)
- USB‑EXT‑2-REMOTE provides 2 USB Type A ports
At Creartion Networks, we do everything we can to create an excellent customer experience. This includes fast shipping and easy returns.
- Most in-stock orders placed Monday-Friday before 1PM PST ship the same day. Orders placed after 1PM will ship the next day of business. General restrictions apply; please see our full shipping policy here.
- We offer a 30-day return policy from the delivery date on many products. Product restrictions apply. Restocking fees for the return of open-box items. Please see our full return policy here for more information.