Creation Networks offers audiovisual & video conferencing services for projects of all sizes - from a single meeting room to a nationwide deployment. You can count on us for your audiovisual technology system's design, configuration, programming, installation, and support. It is important that you get Top Quality products from the best manufacturers, and then purchase from a trusted partner who tests and installs what they sell, giving you the best value. Our goal at CreationNetworks.net is to only represent the top products and test everything before recommending or selling our solutions.
- Key Features
- Shipping & Returns
The Crestron® RMC4 provides a secure, high‑performance, cost-effective control processor and interface for controlling and monitoring for a single display device, a small AV system, lighting and shading, climate control, security, energy management, and many other specialized applications. A small form factor allows the RMC4 to be placed just about anywhere, with the option to attach it to a flat surface or DIN rail using the included mounting bracket. The RMC4 can fit easily behind a video display or above a projector, and provides enough control ports to control the display device along with a screen or lift.
4-Series Control Engine
4-Series™ control systems come equipped with an upgraded multicore CPU, delivering a sizable speed and performance increase compared to all Crestron 3‑Series® control processors. The improved performance allows 4-Series control systems to handle the increasing demands of an advanced automated system. Crestron 4-Series delivers a dynamic and secure control system platform capable of managing a room full of disparate technologies.
Reliable networking and IP control afford seamless integration with other systems and devices, with add-on control capability using Crestron touch screens, wireless remotes, and mobile device apps, as well as remote management through Crestron Fusion® software and the XiO Cloud® service.
Modular Programming Architecture
The RMC4 is designed to run a single program out of the box. The optional modular programming architecture (MPA) add-on allows the RMC4 to run up to ten programs simultaneously.1 Programmers can develop and run independent, device‑specific programs, enabling each program to be optimized for a specific function and allowing for changes to be made to one program without affecting the whole system.
Onboard Control Ports
Through a full complement of onboard control ports, the RMC4 can be integrated with a wide variety of audio, video, lighting, motorized shades, thermostats, door locks, sensors, security systems, and other equipment.
- Ethernet provides an interface for connecting to the building network and controlling Crestron AV switchers, audio processors, power controllers, and other IP controllable equipment.
- Cresnet® network connectivity provides support for Crestron lighting dimmers, motorized shades, sensors, thermostats, keypads, and more.2
- Onboard RS‑232, IR, relay, and digital input control ports enable direct integration with all types of third‑party equipment.
Crestron Fusion Room Monitoring and Scheduling
Crestron Fusion provides an integrated platform for creating smart buildings that save energy and enhance worker productivity. As part of a complete managed network in a corporate enterprise, college campus, convention center, or any other facility, the RMC4 works with Crestron Fusion to enable remote scheduling, monitoring, and control of rooms and technology from a central help desk or mobile app. It also enables organizations to reduce energy consumption by tracking real-time usage and automating control of AV, lighting, shades, and HVAC.
XiO Cloud Provisioning and Management
4-Series control systems leverage the power and flexibility of XiO Cloud services, enabling users to remotely provision, monitor, and manage supported Crestron and third-party devices across an enterprise network. XiO Cloud can be used to configure and load programs to the control system before it is received, making the control system fully functional as soon as it is connected to the network. XiO Cloud is built on the Microsoft® Azure® software platform and utilizes Microsoft's industry leading Azure IoT Hub technology. XiO Cloud enables installers and IT managers to deploy and manage thousands of devices in the time it previously took to manage just one. Unlike other virtual machine based cloud solutions, Azure services provide unlimited scalability to suit the ever growing needs of an enterprise.
Enhanced Enterprise-Grade Security
The RMC4 is an enterprise‑class control processor that can be deployed across hundreds of spaces and set up easily using a web browser, Crestron Toolbox™ software, or Crestron XiO Cloud. It employs standard network security protocols, including 802.1X network access control, Active Directory® service authentication, SSH, TLS, and HTTPS to ensure reliability and compliance with your organization’s IT policies.
The RMC4 is configured to meet Crestron's enhanced security standards right out of the box. The RMC4 ships with authentication enabled and requires that an administrator account be created before access is granted to device configuration and control interfaces.
SNMP V3 Support
Built-in SNMP V3 support enables integration with third-party IT management software, allowing network administrators to manage and control Crestron systems on the network in an IT-friendly format.
Native support for the BACnet communication protocol provides a direct interface to third-party building management systems over Ethernet, simplifying integration with HVAC, security, and other systems. Using BACnet, each system runs independently but communicates together on one platform.3
Apple HomeKit Integration
The RMC4 supports integration with an Apple® HomeKit® technology system. Once the RMC4 is paired with a HomeKit system via SIMPL programming, a Crestron TSR-310 can be used to control supported Apple devices. A pairing QR code is affixed to the RMC4 that makes it easy to pair the control system directly to the Apple Home app.4
Integrator Friendly Enclosure
The RMC4 features the Crestron IFE form factor, a compact Integrator Friendly Enclosure design that fits almost anywhere and enables a variety of installation options. Its shape allows multiple RMC4 and other IFE compliant devices to be stacked together. Using the included mounting bracket, it can be fastened to a flat surface or snapped onto a standard DIN rail. Rack mount and pole mount kits are also available (sold separately).
- Compact 4‑Series™ control system with 1 GB SDRAM and 8 GB flash memory
- Embedded 4‑Series multicore CPU processor
- iPhone®, iPad®, and Android™ device control app support
- XPanel computer and web based control
- Modular programming architecture (optional)
- Onboard IR/serial, COM, digital input, relay, Cresnet® network, and Ethernet control ports
- USB OTG (On-the-Go) port
- Crestron Fusion® software room monitoring and scheduling
- XiO Cloud® service provisioning and management
- Enterprise‑class network security and authentication
- SNMP V3 remote IT management support
- Native BACnet network/IP support
- Installer setup via software, web browser, or cloud
- IPv6 ready
- Integrates with Apple® HomeKit® technology
- PoE (Power over Ethernet) network power
- Compact, stackable IFE micro form factor
- Surface or DIN rail mountable
- Available rack mount and pole mount options
At Creartion Networks, we do everything we can to create an excellent customer experience. This includes fast shipping and easy returns.
- Most in-stock orders placed Monday-Friday before 1PM PST ship the same day. Orders placed after 1PM will ship the next day of business. General restrictions apply; please see our full shipping policy here.
- We offer a 30-day return policy from the delivery date on many products. Product restrictions apply. Restocking fees for the return of open-box items. Please see our full return policy here for more information.