The DM‑RMC‑4KZ‑SCALER‑C provides an advanced one‑box interface solution for a single display device as part of a complete Crestron® DigitalMedia™ system. Functioning as a DM 8G+® receiver, 4K60 4:4:4 HDR video scaler, and control interface, the DM‑RMC‑4KZ‑SCALER‑C provides DM 8G+ and HDMI® inputs, an HDMI output, and an analog audio output.1, 2, 3 RS‑232, IR, Ethernet, and relay control ports are also provided.
4K60 4:4:4 and HDR Support
The DM‑RMC‑4KZ‑SCALER‑C incorporates DM 4KZ technology, which uses VESA® Display Stream Compression (DSC) to handle the extreme bandwidth requirement of resolutions beyond 4K30 4:4:4 and 4K60 4:2:0. DSC is a lightweight, line‑based 2:1 compression standard that delivers visually lossless performance for 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR signals.4 DSC is applied only to 4K60 4:4:4 and HDR input signals. All other signals are transported uncompressed.
DM 8G+ Technology
Engineered for ultra high‑bandwidth and ultimate scalability, Crestron® DM 8G+ technology transports high‑definition video, audio, power, Ethernet, and control signals over twisted pair copper wire. Uncompressed Full HD 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K signals are supported at distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using Crestron DM® Ultra Cable, Crestron DM 8G® Cable, or third‑party CAT5e (or higher). Higher resolution signals up to UHD and 4K are supported at distances up to 330 feet (100 m) using DM Ultra Cable, 230 feet (70 m) using DM 8G Cable, or 165 feet (50 m) using third-party CAT5e (or higher).5
Compatible with the HDBaseT Standard
DM 8G+ technology is designed using HDBaseT Alliance specifications, ensuring interoperability with other HDBaseT® certified products. Via the DM 8G+ input, the DM‑RMC‑4KZ‑SCALER‑C can be connected directly to an HDBaseT compliant source without requiring a DM transmitter.
Multimedia Display Interface
The DM‑RMC‑4KZ‑SCALER‑C provides simple switching between a DM input and an HDMI input. An input can be selected manually by using the INPUT SELECT push button on the device, programmatically through a control system, or automatically by connecting a source to an input.
A single HDMI output port is provided for connection to a display device. The HDMI output can also handle DVI signals using an appropriate adapter or interface cable.2
4K60 4:4:4 Scaler
The HDMI output of the DM‑RMC‑4KZ‑SCALER‑C feeds the decoded signal to the local display device. The built‑in scaler ensures an optimal image, scaling the encoded source resolution up or down to match the native resolution of the display device.
Interlaced sources are converted to progressive scan using motion‑adaptive deinterlacing. Intelligent frame rate conversion enables support for 24p and PAL format sources. Fully automatic operation eliminates any complicated setup by using the EDID (Extended Display Identification Data) of the display to configure the scaler.
Video Wall Processing
The DM‑RMC‑4KZ‑SCALER‑C provides zoom capability and bezel compensation on the HDMI output to display only a portion of the source image. Multiple DM‑RMC‑4KZ‑SCALER‑C devices can be combined to configure a video wall composed of up to 64 individual displays. Configurations of up to 8 wide by 8 high are supported, requiring a separate DM‑RMC‑4KZ‑SCALER‑C for each display and one or more DM switchers with sufficient DM 8G+ outputs.
The DM‑RMC‑4KZ‑SCALER‑C is equipped with a balanced/unbalanced analog audio output, allowing stereo audio signals to be extracted from the digital stream and fed to a local amplifier, sound bar, or a pair of powered speakers.3 The output volume is adjustable via a control system using a keypad, touch screen, handheld remote, or mobile device.
In addition to high‑definition AV and control, a DigitalMedia system integrates high‑speed Ethernet networking for a total signal distribution solution. The DM‑RMC‑4KZ‑SCALER‑C includes a 100 Mbps Ethernet port, which can be used to provide a convenient LAN connection for a local network device.
Embedded Device Control
The DM‑RMC‑4KZ‑SCALER‑C includes built‑in RS‑232, IR, and Ethernet control ports to enable programmable control of the connected display device via a control system. When connected to a control system, the DM‑RMC‑4KZ‑SCALER‑C also provides a gateway for controlling the display device through CEC (Consumer Electronics Control) over the HDMI output, potentially eliminating the need for dedicated control wires or IR emitters. The DM‑RMC‑4KZ‑SCALER‑C also supports CEC over the HDBaseT connection, enabling control of an HDBaseT source connected to the DM 8G+ input.
USB Signal Extension (Optional)
A DigitalMedia system allows for the routing of USB signals alongside video and audio. USB signal extension is enabled on the DM‑RMC‑4KZ‑SCALER‑C by adding a USB‑EXT‑DM USB over Ethernet Extender Module.
- DigitalMedia 8G+® receiver, audio extractor, and display controller
- Handles UHD and 4K video resolutions up to 4K60 4:4:4
- Handles HDR (High Dynamic Range) video (HDR10) and Deep Color
- Provides one DM 8G+® input for connection to a DM® switcher or transmitter via a single CAT 5e (or higher) twisted pair cable
- Compatible with the HDBaseT® standard
- Provides one HDMI® input
- Provides one HDMI output with 4K60 4:4:4 scaler
- Provides a stereo analog line‑level audio output
- Allows de‑embedding of stereo 2‑channel audio signals
- Handles Dolby® TrueHD, Dolby Atmos®, DTS‑HD®, and uncompressed 7.1 linear PCM audio
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Supports video wall configurations of up to 8 x 8
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) for all resolutions up to UHD and 4K using DM Ultra cable
- Supports cable lengths up to 330 ft (100 m) for 1080p, WUXGA, and 2K using DM 8G® cable or CAT5e
- Supports cable lengths up to 230 ft (70 m) for UHD and 4K using DM 8G cable, or 165 ft (50 m) using CAT5e
- Provides a 100 Mbps Ethernet LAN connection
- Enables device control via CEC, IR, RS‑232, and Ethernet
- Compatible with Crestron® USB over Ethernet Extenders
- Provides two low‑voltage relay control ports
- Powered via the DM connection or optional power pack (sold separately)
- Low‑profile surface-mount design