Creation Networks offers audiovisual & video conferencing services for projects of all sizes - from a single meeting room to a nationwide deployment. You can count on us for your audiovisual technology system's design, configuration, programming, installation, and support. It is important that you get Top Quality products from the best manufacturers, and then purchase from a trusted partner who tests and installs what they sell, giving you the best value. Our goal at CreationNetworks.net is to only represent the top products and test everything before recommending or selling our solutions.
Tel: 888.230.3661 firstname.lastname@example.org Contact us today for quantity & package discounts!
- Shipping & Returns
In this newly updated version, the AC-EX40-444-PLUS-KIT now arrives configured in the same elegant form factor as class-leading HDMI extension stablemate, the AC-EX100-444-KIT. This uptick in chassis proportions provides the additional internal real estate necessary to implement a newly developed application-specific integrated circuit. This ASIC features AVPro Edge’s exclusive 18Gbps Bandwidth-Adaptable Output Configuration, giving residential and commercial integrators options for managing signal bandwidth to match installation infrastructure challenges. For new installations or where Category 6A or better (shielded is preferred) cabling with precision termination exists, the AC-EX40-444-PLUS-KIT flawlessly transports uncompressed HDMI 2.0 video up to 40 meters (131 ft). In applications encountering legacy Category 5-rated cabling, a compression option of 10.2 Gbps using ICT may be enabled, switch-selectable from a chassis-mounted toggle to ferry content up to 70 meters (230 ft). The Bandwidth-Adaptable Output Configuration also serves as a convenient fallback should content expected to passthrough the system uncompressed fails to do so for an unidentifiable reason.
The AC-EX-40-444-PLUS-KIT supports eARC signal transfer, along with Dolby Vision plus static and dynamic HDR metadata formats. They say legends can never be replaced…the AC-EX40-444-PLUS-KIT politely disagrees, awaiting the opportunity to excel in one of your legendary installations. Key benefits of using AC-EX40-444-PLUS-KIT:
When AVPro Edge set out to design HDMI extension devices, we knew the 10.2 Gbps constraint of copper category wire precluded the use of compression technology. Chip sets that centralized their operational characteristics to Display Stream Compression (DSC) were carefully auditioned and were found unable to meet our deep-rooted performance demands honed from our long association with the Imaging Science Foundation.
Because AVPro Edge is a vertically aligned, board-level up, core manufacturer and not merely an assembler using widely available, pre-configured, third-party internals, our engineering team determined the only uncompromising solution would be to author an original algorithm. This clean slate started with procuring the highest caliber component parts available to create the circuit architecture required for unalterable, precision calculations at blazing speeds.
What evolved was a powerful, artifact-free algorithm we named ICT, Invisible Compression Technology, to accurately process high bandwidth video signals at any conventional resolution, frame rate, and chroma configuration while delivering unmatched value with unparalleled performance. ICT’s specialty is spotlighted by what you won’t see:
- No acute banding: In expansive scenes where multiple adjacent hues subtly blend, such as extra-wide shots featuring skies, oceans, or deserts, seashell-shaped sculpted lines become prominently visible within the image. Competing manufacturers using standard compression technology options are forced to reduce bit rate for bandwidth preservation, resulting in poorly rendered images when reconstructed at the receiving end.
- No pale, washed-out colors: Ferrari’s famous Rosso Corsa Formula 1 red will never appear as carnation pink with ICT.
- No motion artifacts: Simply stated, an artifact is an anomaly appearing in the reconstructed image on the receiving end display, which was not present in the source, prior to extension. There are dozens of acronyms for these peculiarities, all which will remain unseen with ICT by AVPro Edge.
- ICT provides a more engaging, wide-spectrum, user-immersive experience by preventing artifacts DSC might allow to develop.
UNCOMPRESSED SIGNAL TRANSFER: While ICT remains a core fundamental AVPro Edge technology broadly used in applications by all walks of integrators, new ASIC designs have elevated signal processing to a level where we are now able to deliver 4K/60Hz 4:4:4 content point-to-point, uncompressed.
EXTEND 4K60 4:4:4 WITH HDR SIGNALS: HDCP was conceived to assure content holders copy protection for their media. The 19 conductor HDMI format was designed to facilitate this process when transporting media between devices, using a total of 8, small gauge wires to handle video information with the bulk of those remaining devoted to system policing. It wasn’t envisioned that sources would be placed elsewhere than the immediate display location, and the first HDMI cable designs dramatically exemplified these inherent problems with a useable HDMI cable length barely exceeding fifteen feet. Over time, this thankfully has been addressed in a variety of well-sorted ways, including AVPro Edge Bullet Train cables. Still, no successful “on-site, made to length” HDMI cables exist. The extraordinary AC-EX-40-444-PLUS-KIT extends a high bandwidth UHD 4K source an impressive one hundred and thirty-one feet including Dolby Vision, HDR10, HDR10+, or HLG.
DISTANCE CAPABILITIES: Transmission distance varies by resolution bandwidth. HD 1080P signals can be sent 70 meters (230’) while 4K resolutions reliably reach 40 meters (131’). For new construction or whenever possible, shielded CAT6A is recommended. RJ-45 easy-type terminations are not recommended (HDBaseT cautions against their use).
NEAR-ZERO LATENCY: Latency is less than 8 microseconds, measurable but visually undetectable.
DOWNSCALING: Problem-solving scaling circuitry is incorporated into the AC-EX40-444-PLUS-KIT transmitter chassis, capable of rescaling UHD 4K (including HDR signals) to 1080P. When paired with an AVPro Edge HDMI matrix switcher, scaling with EDID management allows the extender to tailor signal delivery in the highest caliber image fidelity when legacy displays are retained. The AC-EX40-444-KIT simplifies deployment and prevents diluted performance in a mixed system.
AUDIO EXTRACTION: PCM 2 Channel L/R Audio can be extracted from the transmitter end through the TOSLINK digital output and sent to an AVR or distribution amplifier. NOTE: This port will only work when the source is set to output 2-Channel Audio. If downmixing is required, please see the AVPro Edge AC-AVDM-AUHD.
eARC SUPPORT: eARC is supported, compatible with all high bitrate and immersive audio formats. eARC also makes HDCP “handshaking” between compatible products smoother without the frequent complications often associated with CEC.
ONBOARD TROUBLESHOOTING: Leave your Fox & Hound test kit behind in the shop? The AC-EX40-444-PLUS-KIT has you covered. When required, the transmitter can generate a 1080p or 4K test pattern to aid with wire verification, switcher configuration settings, or source viability.
COMPREHENSIVE EDID MANAGEMENT: Legacy HD displays are often retained for use in new installation projects and occasionally their dated EDIDs impart problems contending with present-day sources. Robust EDID control on the AC-EX40-444-PLUS-KIT enables juggling video resolutions and audio codec combinations for an EDID that provides a congenial match for reliable system operation. EDID Copy allows for acute copying and saving of a known, working EDID, for stable kit functionality and HDCP repeatability.
CONTROL OPTIONS: Configurable, bidirectional control for IR & RS-232 signals provides a carefully nuanced added plus to the AC-EX40-444-PLUS-KIT, consolidating wiring to a solitary pull and mitigating the use of supplemental devices for a clean, efficient installation. Simplified control requirements can take advantage of the AC-EX40-444-PLUS-KIT’s I-PASS, forwarding commands directly from a control system IR-out port into the TX unit I-PASS input, proceeding to the receiving end and routing directly from the RX unit’s IR-out into the display’s IR input jack (if equipped) or through an attached IR emitter. ESD (electrostatic discharge) protection adds a welcomed layer of defense for all connected products.
- HDMI 2.0(a/b)
- 18Gbps Bandwidth Support (Using ICT)
- Ultra Slim Chassis
- Full HDR Support (HDR 10 & 12 Bit)
- Dolby Vision Support
- Audio Return Channel on HDMI or TOSLINK (ARC)
- 4K --> 1080P Down-scaling for mixed systems
- EDID Management and EDID emulate
- L/R Audio Extraction via Toslink
- USB 2.0 Up to 250Mbps support (Bi-Directional)
- USB Camera Support – UVC 1.5
- HDCP 2.3 (and all earlier versions supported)
- 40M 4K (up to 4K60 4:4:4, HDR) (Cat6a)0
FULL FEATURE SET
- HDBaseT Spec 3.0 compliant (backward compatible)
- HDMI 2.0
- HDCP 2.3 (support for all previous versions)
- Bandwidth-Adaptable Output Configuration (18Gbps uncompressed or selectable10.2Gbps compression with ICT, for compromised wiring infrastructure)
- 70 Meters (230 ft) with 1080P (Cat-6a)
- 40 Meters (131 ft) with 4K/Hz 4:4:4, HDR (Cat-6a)
- Dolby Vision, HDR 10, HDR10+, HLG Support
- Near-zero signal latency (less than 8ms)
- Comprehensive EDID management with EDID copy
- Audio Extraction (LPCM 5.1 Toslink)
- 4K>1080p mixed system rescaling, including with HDR
- Test patterns built-in for troubleshooting
- USB 2.0 up to 350mbps supporting:
- HID including Keyboard Mouse
- UAC audio devices
- UVC Video/Camera Devices
- Data Storage Devices
- HID including Keyboard Mouse
- Bi-directional 48v PoH (Power Over HDBaseT, only one power supply required)
- I-Pass feature for control system "pass-through"
- 3-20v protection circuit built in for safe IR transport
- Bi-directional RS232 Transport
- eARC support (all high bitrate and immersive audio formats)
- Supports uncompressed PCM 2- Ch., LPCM 5.1 & 7.1, Dolby Digital,
- DTS, Dolby TrueHD, DTS HD-Master Audio, DTS:X IMAX Enhanced, Dolby Atmos pass-through on HDMI
- ESD protection circuitry (Inputs & Outputs) to 7KV
- Cascadable (“daisy chain” for extended distances)
- LED Status, Link, Power indication lights
What's in the box?
- AC-EX40-444-T2 (Transmitter)
- AC-EX40-444-R (Receiver)
- 48V 0.5A Power Supply (One supplied)
- 1 x IR Tx Unit
- 1 x IR Rx Unit
- 4 x 3 Pin Terminal blocks for Audio and RS232 Ports
- 4 x Mounting Brackets
- 8 x Screws for Mounting Brackets
*Optional 3Pin to Stereo Audio Cables available for purchase
At Creartion Networks, we do everything we can to create an excellent customer experience. This includes fast shipping and easy returns.
- Most in-stock orders placed Monday-Friday before 1PM PST ship the same day. Orders placed after 1PM will ship the next day of business. General restrictions apply; please see our full shipping policy here.
- We offer a 30-day return policy from the delivery date on many products. Product restrictions apply. Restocking fees for the return of open-box items. Please see our full return policy here for more information.
Nationwide Audiovisual Services - Design, Installation & Support - A Partner You Can Trust
Our AV experts have earned their professional certifications to design, build, and manage the best AV services for you. View Our Certifications
Choose from products and national brands to find the right technology for your needs. View Our Vendor Partners