Creation Networks offers audiovisual & video conferencing services for projects of all sizes - from a single meeting room to a nationwide deployment. You can count on us for your audiovisual technology system's design, configuration, programming, installation, and support. It is important that you get Top Quality products from the best manufacturers, and then purchase from a trusted partner who tests and installs what they sell, giving you the best value. Our goal at CreationNetworks.net is to only represent the top products and test everything before recommending or selling our solutions.
- Key Features
- Shipping & Returns
New: Pre-loaded VC-4 server appliance
Crestron® Virtual Control (VC-4) is a server‑based control platform for enterprise applications that can be used in place of hardware‑based Crestron control systems. The platform runs programs to control multiple rooms over the network from a single, centralized location. Cloud‑based monitoring is also available using the XiO Cloud® service. Crestron Virtual Control also provides native support for .AV Framework™ software, which is a web‑based management solution that is used to deploy scalable Crestron enterprise room solutions without requiring any programming.
NOTE: When running in a virtualized environment, Crestron Virtual Control can leverage the hypervisor's fault tolerance and high-availability features. If Crestron Virtual Control is installed on a bare-metal server (such as a standalone computer), it cannot leverage these features. If these features are desired, Crestron Virtual Control software must be installed in an existing virtualized environment that supports them.
Crestron Virtual Control can be integrated with a variety of devices, including audio, video, lighting, motorized shades, thermostats, door locks, sensors, and security systems. Connected devices can be controlled directly via Ethernet, and those that require a serial, IR, or other hardware interface can be integrated via decentralized control ports on a DM NVX® encoder/decoder, DM® transmitter or receiver, CEN‑CI3-1-POE interface, or the CEN-IO wired and wireless series of I/O modules. Cresnet® network devices can be integrated via a DIN‑CENCN‑2-POE bridge, and wireless Crestron devices can also be integrated via an infiNET EX® wireless gateway. Native support for the BACnet communication protocol provides a direct interface to third‑party building management systems over Ethernet, simplifying integration with HVAC, security, and other systems.1
Crestron Virtual Control supports server redundancy for increased reliability. For large buildings, Crestron Virtual Control streamlines deployment and maintenance by allowing a single program to be deployed across multiple rooms. Support for C#, SIMPL, and SIMPL#Pro programming languages gives programmers design flexibility and enables programs to be shared with hardware-based control systems.2 Crestron Virtual control also employs enterprise-grade security to ensure maximum reliability and privacy.
Crestron Virtual Control is sold through Authorized Crestron Dealers, and requires installation on a customer‑supplied server running a supported Linux® server operating system.
The Crestron Virtual Control licensing model is similar to a traditional hardware purchase model: purchase a specified number of room licenses (VC‑4‑ROOM), and the Crestron Virtual Control installation will run the number of rooms purchased. Each room license also includes one software mobility license (SW‑MOBILITY) that enables functionality for various Crestron software solutions.
- For online licensing via the XiO Cloud service, the VC-4 server requires access to XiO Cloud to validate its licenses. An active XiO Cloud account is required, subject to the terms of the Crestron Cloudware License.3 However, a paid XiO Cloud subscription is not required to manage licenses for the VC-4 server. An XiO Cloud account is not required to run the VC-4 server during its 90‑day trial period. Use the XiO Cloud account registration form to associate VC-4-ROOM licenses with an XiO Cloud account.
- For offline licensing via the USB‑OFFLINE dongle, the dongle must be connected to the VC‑4 server to validate its licenses. All room licenses must be ordered and the offline licensing form must be completed prior to validating licenses via the USB‑OFFLINE dongle. For more information, refer to the Crestron Virtual Control Product Manual.
- Offers a centralized, server‑based alternative to individual hardware‑based control systems
- Provides a scalable virtual control platform
- Streamlines deployment, maintenance, and management
- Supports XiO Cloud® cloud‑based monitoring
- Supports .AV Framework™ management solution
- Supports C#, SIMPL, and SIMPL# Pro programming
- Integrates directly with IP-controllable devices
- Integrates with serial, IR, CEC, and other controllable devices via decentralized control ports on DM®, DM NVX®, and other Crestron® interfaces
- Native BACnet network/IP support
- Enables server redundancy for increased reliability
- Employs enterprise‑grade security to ensure maximum reliability and privacy
- Includes software mobility license that enables functionality for Crestron software solutions
- Per-room licensing makes it easy to determine the number of licenses required for an installation
- Online and offline licensing options available
At Creartion Networks, we do everything we can to create an excellent customer experience. This includes fast shipping and easy returns.
- Most in-stock orders placed Monday-Friday before 1PM PST ship the same day. Orders placed after 1PM will ship the next day of business. General restrictions apply; please see our full shipping policy here.
- We offer a 30-day return policy from the delivery date on many products. Product restrictions apply. Restocking fees for the return of open-box items. Please see our full return policy here for more information.