Our AV experts have earned their professional certifications to design, build, and manage the best AV services for you. View Our Certifications
The DM‑NVX‑351C is an AV over IP encoder/decoder card that occupies one slot of a DMF‑CI‑8 card chassis. The card is designed to function as either a transmitter or receiver in a high‑density rack‑mount installation. Capable of handling a network AV installation of any size, the DM‑NVX‑351C includes features such as secure web‑based control and management, auto‑switching HDMI® inputs, a scaling HDMI output, video wall processing, an analog audio input or output, surround sound to stereo downmixing, native AES67 transmit and receive capability, USB 2.0 and KVM integration, and support for copper and fiber Ethernet connectivity.2,3
Real‑Time 4K60 Video Distribution
Engineered for demanding conference room and classroom applications, DM NVX technology ensures real‑time, full‑motion 4K60 video performance for the presentation of multimedia, videoconferencing, and live camera images. Interactive functions such as gameplay and the use of a mouse are fluid and natural.
A DM NVX system is engineered for stability and reliability. Line‑synchronized outputs ensure perfect synchronization of content across multiple displays for applications such as digital signage and video walls. Variable Multicast TTL (Time To Live) enables traversing multiple network routers for optimal flexibility.
Encoder or Decoder Functionality
The DM‑NVX‑351C is configurable to operate as either a network AV encoder or decoder:
- As an encoder, the DM‑NVX‑351C allows the HDMI signal of the output of a switcher, computer, AirMedia® gateway, or other media source to be transmitted over the network to one or many decoders.1
- As a decoder, the DM‑NVX‑351C receives the signal from a DM NVX encoder and feeds it to the input of a switcher or display device via the HDMI output. The decoder can quickly and easily switch between multiple encoders on the network alongside locally connected HDMI sources.1
The DM‑NVX‑351C provides a versatile, cost‑effective solution for applications that require encoder and decoder operating modes in a single card. The operating mode can be reconfigured dynamically in less than 1 minute via a control system or web browser or via the DMF‑CI‑8 front panel.
Auto-Switching HDMI® Inputs
The DM‑NVX‑351C includes two HDMI inputs. Switching between the two inputs can be performed automatically using auto‑switching mode, programmatically via a control system, manually via the DMF‑CI‑8 front panel, or through a computer using a web browser.1
HDMI Output with 4K60 4:4:4 Scaler
When the DM‑NVX‑351C is configured as a decoder, the HDMI output feeds the decoded signal to the HDMI input of a local display device, switcher, or other equipment. The built‑in scaler ensures an optimal image, scaling the encoded source resolution up or down to match the native resolution of the display device. When the DM‑NVX‑351C is configured as an encoder, the HDMI output can be used to feed a local display, confidence monitor, or audio system.1, 4
Video Wall Processing
A video wall composed of up to 64 individual displays can be configured using multiple DM NVX endpoints. Each endpoint provides fully adjustable zoom capability and bezel compensation to accommodate a range of video wall configurations and display types. One DM NVX endpoint is required per display, supporting configurations of up to eight wide by eight high.
AES67 Audio Embedding or De-embedding
AES67 support allows the selected audio source to be transmitted as a 2-channel AES67 source while another AES67 2-channel audio stream is received from a Crestron DSP or other third-party device and combined with the video signal.
In DM NVX encoder mode, the received AES67 audio stream can be output via the local HDMI output, primary AV stream, secondary audio stream, and analog audio output. In DM NVX decoder mode, the received AES67 audio stream can be combined with the video and then output via the HDMI output and analog audio output.
NOTE: An AES67 stream that is received by a DM NVX endpoint cannot be transmitted from that endpoint.
A DM NVX decoder can select and combine separate video and audio signals from two different inputs—even two different encoders.
CEC Device Control
The DM‑NVX‑351C provides a gateway for controlling devices via CEC over the HDMI connections. Under the management of a control system, the DM‑NVX‑351C can control display devices and other equipment via CEC, potentially eliminating the need for any dedicated serial cables or IR emitters.
CEC over the HDMI output can also enable the display device to be turned on or off automatically without the use of a control system.
- 4K60 4:4:4 video over standard Gigabit Ethernet
- HDR10 video support
- Real-time video performance over the network
- Pixel Perfect Processing technology
- Enterprise-grade security including 802.1X, Active Directory® credential management, TLS, and AES-128
- HDCP 2.2 compliant
- Configurable as an encoder or decoder
- Two auto-switching HDMI® inputs
- One HDMI output with 4K60 4:4:4 scaler
- Video wall processing
- Dynamic text overlay capability
- Adaptive bit rate
- Analog audio embedding or de-embedding
- 7.1 surround sound audio with downmixing
- AES67 audio embedding or de-embedding
- Breakaway audio
- USB 2.0 and KVM signal extension and routing
- Copper and fiber Ethernet connectivity
- Network port selection
- Automatic point-to-point connectivity
- CEC device control
- Easy setup via built-in web pages
- Compatibility with a Crestron® 3-Series® or later control system
- Streamlined management using DM NVX Director™ virtual switching appliances
- .AV Framework™ technology support
- XiO Cloud® service support
- Crestron Home™ OS support
- API for full control of the DM-NVX-351C
- Designed for installation into a DMF-CI-8 chassis