The CEN-GWEXER-PWE is a 2-way RF wireless transceiver designed for use with Crestron® infiNET EX® and “ER” (Extended Range RF) wireless devices. A single CEN-GWEXER gateway enables an entire wireless network of Crestron remotes, keypads, lighting dimmers, motorized shades, thermostats, door locks, and other devices to communicate with a Crestron control system.
infiNET EX® Technology
Ultra-reliable infiNET EX wireless technology provides steadfast 2-way RF communications throughout a residential or commercial structure without the need for physical control wiring. Employing a 2.4 GHz mesh network topology, nearly every infiNET EX device on the network acts as an “expander,” relaying wireless commands between the gateway and all the other “EX” devices on the network to ensure that every command reaches its intended destination without disruption. Each infiNET EX device that is added to the network effectively increases the range and stability of the entire network by providing multiple redundant signal paths. The wireless range between any two EX devices is typically up to 150 ft (46 m) indoors.
“ER” Extended Range RF Technology
Crestron Extended Range (ER) wireless technology enables compatibility with certain Crestron wireless touch screens and handheld remotes. Crestron “ER” operates in the same 2.4 GHZ spectrum as infiNET EX, and is specifically optimized for use with wireless touch screen devices to ensure robust and dependable bidirectional RF communications. The CEN-GWEXER continuously monitors each ER device on the network, diligently keeping track when a device goes to sleep, shuts down, or wanders out of range, and restores communications seamlessly when the device reappears on the network. The typical wireless range for ER devices is 100 to 200 feet indoors, or up to 1000 feet outdoors. For even greater coverage, ER supports roaming amongst up to eight gateways.
- Multipurpose 2-way RF wireless gateway
- Simultaneously supports infiNET EX® and Crestron “ER” wireless devices 
- Ultra dependable infiNET EX mesh network technology
- “Extended Range” RF technology optimized for wireless touch screen remotes
- Dynamic discovery for fast, easy setup
- "Wi-Fi® friendly" channel selection for trouble-free operation
- Built-in RF network diagnostics
- Up to 150 feet (46 meters) infiNET EX range indoors, 250 feet (76 m) outdoors 
- 100 to 200 feet (33 to 66 meters) ER range indoors, 1000 feet outdoors
- Supports infiNET EX expanders and ER roaming for extended coverage [1,3]
- Extendable antenna using optional ANT-EXT 
- Compact, stackable “IFE small” form factor
- Surface or DIN rail mountable using bracket provided
- Available rack mount and pole mount options 
- High-speed Ethernet control system interface
- 24VDC or PoE network powered
- Models available with PoE injector included
- Optional 24VDC power pack sold separately