Creation Networks offers audiovisual & video conferencing services for projects of all sizes - from a single meeting room to a nationwide deployment. You can count on us for your audiovisual technology system's design, configuration, programming, installation, and support. It is important that you get Top Quality products from the best manufacturers, and then purchase from a trusted partner who tests and installs what they sell, giving you the best value. Our goal at CreationNetworks.net is to only represent the top products and test everything before recommending or selling our solutions.
- Shipping & Returns
A top-notch turntable from Technics
The Technics SL-1210G Grand Class turntable is an elegant, high-precision work of art.
Technics direct-drive turntables have been a force in the audio industry since the early 1970s, offering classic looks and rock-steady performance. Their latest masterpiece is the Technics SL-1210G Grand Class, an exceptionally well-constructed 'table that showcases exquisite attention to detail.
At the heart of this turntable is Technics' signature coreless direct-drive motor. It delivers high torque and rotational stability, and eliminates an audible effect called "cogging" that lesser motors may exhibit. And there's an adjustable slider for variable pitch control (±8%), a favorite feature for DJs worldwide.
You can see what it looks like — it's a work of art. But to truly appreciate this 'table's excellence, we have to look at each part of its construction separately. So let's do that.
Well-built and balanced plinth
If you've ever handled a budget turntable, you may have noticed they tend to feel insubstantial, like the slightest footfall could cause the whole thing to rattle and shake. Not so with this Grand Class turntable. Its four-layer plinth squelches vibrations to fully isolate the music contained in the grooves of your favorite records.
The design starts with a trio of heavy-duty layers originally developed for the classic Technics SL-1200MK: die-cast aluminum, BMC (reinforced polymer), and heavyweight-class rubber. Plus, it adds a 10mm-thick aluminum top panel for extra rigidity and a finished look and feel. The turntable's formidable 39.7 lbs. rests on rugged, adjustable feet that further dampen vibration.
And it's not just weight for weight's sake. Technics uses specialized high-precision balance adjustment equipment at the factory to ensure ideal weight distribution throughout the chassis. A sticker reading "BALANCED" is affixed, so you know your 'table has been fully tested and fine-tuned.
The Technics SL-1210G's tonearm is supported by a clever gimbal suspension assembly.
Sensitive, accurate tonearm
Perhaps the most intricate part of any turntable is the tonearm assembly. Technics has put a lot of thought into making this one exceptional. The arm itself is constructed of cold-drawn magnesium — it's lightweight and very sensitive, so it can read a groove with extreme accuracy. There's a universal headshell, so you can choose your own preferred moving magnet or moving coil cartridge (sold separately) and swap them out to suit your listening needs.
The tonearm is exceptionally stable, thanks to high-precision bearings, and Technics' clever gimbal suspension construction, which has the horizontal rotation axis and the vertical rotation axis intersecting at a single central point.
Dense, heavy platter
The heavier a turntable's platter, the better. Solid construction eliminates resonance that can creep in and color the sound of your vinyl. The platter included with the Grand Class has three layers — aluminum in the middle, with brass on top and heavy rubber on the bottom. It's yet another example of Technics looking at their previous high-end turntables and finding a way to improve on an already stellar design.
- coreless direct-drive motor offers high torque and rotational stability
- lightweight, static balance S-shaped magnesium tonearm reads grooves with extreme accuracy
- universal headshell compatible for use with your choice of phono cartridge
- no factory-installed cartridge included
- precision tonearm bearings in cut-processed housing
- stylus target light for easier cueing in low light
- four-layered die-cast aluminum, BMC (reinforced polymer), and rubber plinth with 10mm aluminum top plate
- factory-balanced for ideal weight distribution
- adjustable slider for variable pitch control (±8%)
- fully manual operation
- brass and aluminum platter
- reinforced three-layer structure with anti-resonance rubber backing
- high-precision motor controller increases rotational stability
- speeds: 33-1/3, 45 and 78 rpm
- wow and flutter: 0.025%
- brass-milled, gold-plated stereo RCA phono output with ground terminal
- adjustable vibration-damping feet
Dimensions and warranty:
- 17-7/8"W x 6-7/8"H x 14-5/8"D (with dust cover down)
- weight: 39.7 lbs.
- warranty: 3 years
At Creartion Networks, we do everything we can to create an excellent customer experience. This includes fast shipping and easy returns.
- Most in-stock orders placed Monday-Friday before 1PM PST ship the same day. Orders placed after 1PM will ship the next day of business. General restrictions apply; please see our full shipping policy here.
- We offer a 30-day return policy from the delivery date on many products. Product restrictions apply. Restocking fees for the return of open-box items. Please see our full return policy here for more information.